Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compressor Recommendations

Bike: NC700X
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like

Compressor Recommendations

Does anyone have any recos for a portable air compressor? I was looking at the Stop & Go. I like how it can plug into my tender wire. Was wondering if anyone has used anything else that they like a lot.

Thanks.

JDE
    Bike: NC700X
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesSocialYour first GroupTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one from "Slime". It works, I've used it several times now as I had a slow leak for awhile until I got it fixed. So I had to top off my rear tire every few days. I let it go too long a time or two and it over inflated the ire so I had to let some out. That's one problem with these is there is no pressure gauge on the compressor. I too was looking at the "Stop and Go", but it didn't get very good reviews online. The slime on was only slightly better.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Check out the California Riders Group!

Bike: NC700X ABS
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    As JDE, I have a Slime one. Well, it is small, and have enough power. It works
    -JL-

Maņo a mucha honra

Bike: 2012 nc700x
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you plan on using this compressor? If it is for your everyday compressor I would recommend getting a decent one for the house. When traveling I check my pressure in the morning before getting started and if low find a gas station to air up at. If I need air on the side of the road I figure I've got bigger problems. I carry tire plugs and several co2 cartridges to get me to a place with air
    2014 Honda GROM
    2013 Honda CRF250L
    2012 Honda NC700X
    2009 Honda Rebel

states visited on a bike

states visited on the NC

Bike: NC700X, ST1300, Elite 80
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesSocial1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    I carry a Slime compressor with plugging tools and gummy worms all the time. This compressor has a gauge built in the side of it and several times it has gotten me home as I have had an incredible run of flats on the road the last 3 years or so. Mine is 7 years old. I originally bought the Slime kit that had a bottle of plugging agent and the compressor. I took that bottle out and it made enough room for my tire tools, some fuses, misc. roadside repair items.
    Dave

ST1300
    NC700X
    CH80

Bike: NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures1 year registeredOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also carry a slime compressor and Gummy worm plugs. I haven't used it yet, since I have lager compressors at home.
    One night after work, I saw a stranded rider on a Suzuki Boulevard M50 with a flat. I stopped to help him but forgot I removed the compressor the night before.
    I told myself, never again. It seems if I'm prepared for something, I don't have those problems.

Bike: NC700X, victory92C
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a cyclepump that my husband always carries in his saddlebags along with a stop & go plug kit. BestRest Products, LLC Kind of pricey if I remember, have never had to use it on the road yet. Was worth it for peace of mind on long trips though.

#1 Elite

Bike: \
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveSocialCreated Album picturesRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of them have the same or a very similar pump unit inside different housings. I usually scrap the housing to increase portability of the pump. However, it gets hot as rip in operation so don't be touching it while or shortly after it has been running. And I carry CO2 cartridges as plan B.

BEEMER'S RULE OF ROAD TRAVEL: Two is one and one is none. Whatever it is you are counting on cannot be counted on.

glenbo
    Aerostich (aerostich.com) has a mini compressor part #3500, for $47.00 which has had good reviews from a couple of magazines. It's next on my list of thingies to buy, although it will probably be with their compact tire repair kit with mini compressor item #4750 for $85. Just a thought: I've never read a single thing bad about anything Aerostich offers, only good stuff. I have no personal knowledge of their products but am going to get this mini compressor.

XXX
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredSocialCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a belt and suspender man like Lee. I have always carried both a manual bicycle pump and CO2 cartridges, or a mini 12V compressor and either manual or cartridges. Some combo of two of those three.

Obviously you can't take that line of reasoning too far, as you'd soon end up with: "spare bike #2" being towed along behind you, lol, but if it's something simple, small, light and cheap, then I really try to squirrel away a "Plan B" backup somewhere in or on the bike, or me. I would kick myself if I was stranded for lack of a $5.00 item I could have put in a pocket or taped to a frame rail, and it was within my powers to effect a trail repair.

Presently air-wise, that's a few CO2 cartridges and a Slime mini 12V "top up" pump. (and obviously the tire plugs, spare valve core, little cap/remover combo, rasp, applicator, etc.)

This almost guarantees that I hardly ever need to use them haha, but boy, do you feel all pat yourself on the back smug, the one time you do need to, or can offer help to some other poor sod on the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast