Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Luggage Options (Side and Top Box) - More Pictures Needed!

Bike: NC700x
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like

Honda Luggage Options (Side and Top Box) - More Pictures Needed!

OK, you lucky NC700x owners. Has anyone gotten set up with the genuine Honda side box (pannier) option? If so, could you post some pics on how they look on the bike and how they function? I am particularly interested what they look like open (interior pic) and how easy they mount and un-mount. A close up pic of the mount bracketing would be helpful (I've seen the Honda pic showing a U shaped bracket, but don't exactly know how that fits up with the box.) Those of us waiting for their bikes would like to evaluate what option to go with . . . . Honda or aftermarket (Hepco Becker, Givi, etc.)

Regarding the top box - does it mount permanently or is it removable (like a Givi would be?) (edit- further examination of the released pics show the red release button on the box. Removable it is!) Interior pics?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Thomasec; 4th April 2012 at 18:09.

Bike: Honda CBF1000
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many pictures on the Honda site of luggage, but it would be interesting to hear from owners whether they think it is good value for the money.

So far as I know ALL Honda top boxes are removable with the same key that opens the top box.

Bike: NC750X DCT
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thomasec, I agree!! Although I ordered the Honda panniers at the same time as the bike, I'm not sure I've done the right thing. For example, the Hepco Becker boxes look very nice, are usefully bigger at 38l and I must say I prefer the full loop frames that they do (I think I'm right that the Honda frames are more minimal/less robust). Basically, we just don't have enough info to make an informed choice. If I end up preferring the HBs when all becomes clear, I'm hoping my Honda dealer will let me change my mind as a) he also sells Hepcos and b) I can't imagine he'll have any bother finding another customer for 'my' Honda ones as there seems to be a waiting list. Mind you, I spoke to Hepco Becker in the UK and they seem equally clueless as to exactly what's on offer for the NC-X - or when!! Surely Honda and HB, this is no way to run your businesses.

Bike: Honda CBF1000
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honda should have got their act together, but other manufacturers need to get their hands on a bike and then design luggage systems from scratch which might explain your frustration!.

Bike: NC750X DCT
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have just been given a delivery date by my dealer of April 15 for my panniers and fitting kit - not too bad as that's only 2 weeks later than promised when I ordered them with the bike at the end of January. Not such good news for the center stand ordered at the same time tho. There's still no availability date for that and someone on the UK NC700 forum has been told by his dealer that production is being transferred to Germany (not sure where from or why) with deliveries planned to start second half of May. I'm not impressed!!

Bike: NC700x
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Releasing a new model worldwide is not an easy task for even a large company like Honda. Also, I think they may have been caught a bit by surprise at the demand, surely larger than they anticipated. I am cutting them some slack and will be patient. They will get everything out in due time.

Scrumpy - post some picks when you get your panniers and fittings!

Bike: NC700x (June 2012)
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasec View Post
    Releasing a new model worldwide is not an easy task for even a large company like Honda. Also, I think they may have been caught a bit by surprise at the demand, surely larger than they anticipated. I am cutting them some slack and will be patient. They will get everything out in due time.

Scrumpy - post some picks when you get your panniers and fittings!

Very good point, although I feel like a kid at Christmas...... so hard to wait!

Bike: NC700X
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.
    I have posted a picture in the gallery on my 700x with Honda 29L on the side and the 45L topbox.
    I have also the sidepanel kit on the fairing and on the boxes.
    There is also a Ermax hugger in silver but its hard to see.
    I can put up some more pictures in the gallery, i just nead to wash it first.
    Regards
    Jorgen

Bike: NC700x (June 2012)
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish700X View Post
    Hi.
    I have posted a picture in the gallery on my 700x with Honda 29L on the side and the 45L topbox.
    I have also the sidepanel kit on the fairing and on the boxes.
    There is also a Ermax hugger in silver but its hard to see.
    I can put up some more pictures in the gallery, i just nead to wash it first.
    Regards
    Jorgen
    How much did each of the accessories cost? I know the pricing will be slightly different in the U.S. but I wanted to get an idea of what the cost of the 27Ls were with the sidepanel kits.

Thanks!

Bike: NC700X
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.
    Here are the prices in swedish kronor and 1 dollar is nearly 7 kronor.
    Top box 3595 kr
    Pannier 29L kit 5995 kr
    Carrier for top box 1195 kr
    Pannier stay kit 1395 kr
    Support pannier stay kit 2495 kr
    Panel kit for pannier 895 kr
    Panel kit for the fairing 1395 kr
    Regards
    Jorgen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast