Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NC750X Canadian version

Bike: 2016 Honda NC750X DCT

NC750X Canadian version

Was reading some rather disconcerting news on another site about the 2016 NC750X

apparently the person said they saw a 2016 owners manual and it does not show LED lights but regular bulbs.
    The Honda Canada website still shows LED lights are a feature / upgrade.

Also that the "New Showa Dual Bending Valve fork performs much like a high-end cartridge fork, providing similar smooth action and linear damping force, but at a lighter weight. The result is superior road holding and ride comfort, plus reduced front-end dive under braking"
    what i read they say this is only available on the Japan and EU models.

The quote above is from my November 2015 post here. I got that from the Honda Canada website but when i looked today i do not see anything about the showa fork So now i am worried that if that is gone maybe there is truth to the other items

Hoping a Canadian that has seen the bike at a bike show or knows more can confirm or deny. One of the reasons for me buying this bike was for the new features.
    2016 Honda NC750X DCT
    2016 Honda Civic EX-HS

Bike: "Nessie" 2016 750X DCT
    Well, this is from the Honda Canada site:

"The NC750X shows off edgier styling for 2016, including a redesigned front cowl with a new LED taillight" and the only reference to the suspension I can find is "41 mm telescopic fork".

No reference specifically to LED front light; no reference to the Showa fork--What does it all mean? Until we get our eyes on one we won't know for sure. I guess it is possible that they could turn out a "Canadian" bike that is different from the Euro/Japan model in terms of headlamp/front suspension but it would not optimize production back in Japan if they did because of the number of bikes sold in Canada is so small relative to Euro/Japan markets.

But... we will see when they show up!

Fixed Idea NC750X Canadian version
    NC750X Canadian version
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Unfortunately, there is no guarantee of anything, whether or not Honda Canada says it, A Dealer says it, or any other published thing. I can't count how many times I see errors faithfully transcribed from old model year to new model year by supposedly professional scribes who do this for a living, clueless dealers who either blindly copy/paste from what they are told, or worse, make up stuff rather than tell you they honestly don't know.

Until you can physically look at one in the flesh sitting in a local showroom, all bets are off. I was at the bike show, and I saw "European Model" stickers on Hondas there. I can't recall if it was the Africa Twin, the VFR1200X, the NC750X, or all of them- but stickers were present...

My BMW was sold to me as: "It's same as the Euro model, not the US model" by the dealer, and no facts were mentioned in BMW corporate Canada statements or any publications, that this was not the case. Which it wasn't, of course, but everybody at BMW denied this utterly, until proven wrong.
    Chillin' with Cybersix and Data 7 in Meridiana

From a Spec Sheet at Penticton Honda

"Excellent steering leverage & comfort
    Seat height is 830 mm and the riding position is upright and neutral, with a high viewpoint for enhanced hazard perception. Another advantage of this adventure-style riding position is great low-speed control – combined with the low centre of gravity and generous steering lock, the result is exceptional low-speed handling and balance.
    Improved Showa fork
    New Showa Dual Bending Valve fork performs much like a high-end cartridge fork, providing similar smooth action and linear damping force, but at a lighter weight. The result is superior road holding and ride comfort, plus reduced front-end dive under braking.

And also:
    The NC750X shows off edgier styling for 2016, including a redesigned front cowl with a new LED headlight, LED taillight, and a 70 mm taller windscreen with venting to reduce pressure and turbulence. The result is a bike that’s as comfortable when cruising at speed, with the windscreen and bodywork diverting wind around the rider to minimize fatigue.

Looks like both the suspension and headlight are the Euro model, but we will see!

that sux Chillrider. In November it was printed as

"a redesigned front cowl with a new LED headlight, LED taillight, and a 70 mm taller windscreen with venting to reduce pressure and turbulence."
    looks like you will get the bike first so let us know what you find out.

are LED headlights on vehicles allowed in Canada? maybe a government regulation made them change it? Like how most bikes have those eyepod turn signals
    where EU models have integrated flush mounted ones.
    2016 Honda NC750X DCT
    2016 Honda Civic EX-HS

Quote Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no guarantee of anything, whether or not Honda Canada says it, A Dealer says it, or any other published thing.
    Absolutely. But if it isn't a DCT I am throwing it back in the water .

NC750X Canadian version
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilliRider View Post
    Absolutely. But if it isn't a DCT I am throwing it back in the water .
    hahaha

[Groundskeeper Willie] "Ugh, back to the loch w' you, Nessie!" [/Groundskeeper Willie]

NC750X Canadian version
    Lots of interesting little things do crop up if you are looking for them- the Honda Canada site states the engine is only tilted forward 55* whereas it has always been listed as having a 62* tilt in the previous 700's and 750's.

I wonder if they actually did tweak it for the new model. A 7* change seems like a lot to do, without having to additionally muck with the frame and other stuff?

Another interesting thing- Honda Canada shows pictures, and says: "European Model Shown" Ok, but I thought the Euro models all had clear turn signal lenses with orange bulbs? Only the US and Canada ones have the orange lens signals, no? So why does the "Euro model" picture have the NA spec signals?

NC750X Canadian version-750dct-jpg

NC750X Canadian version-nc750x_gallery_02-jpg

darn it, my first pic keeps being resized down to unreadable size for some reason, but trust me it says: "European Model Shown" lol
    Attached Images Attached Images NC750X Canadian version-euro-pic-jpg 
    Last edited by L.B.S.; 2nd March 2016 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
    hahaha

[Groundskeeper Willie] "Ugh, back to the loch w' you, Nessie!" [/Groundskeeper Willie]
    You just named my new ride--NESSIE it is!

LBS. just looked on the Honda UK website. The 2016 NC models they show do indeed show clear lens with amber "bulb" (tho probably LED now)

here is the UK marketing video from the site. It shows the clear lens and also the LED head lamp. At the 36sec mark it shows the top of the forks. Has a silver cap with SDBV printed on it and in smaller letters
    is printed Showa Dual Bending Valve. So looks like it be really easy to see if the Canadian models do have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n8x5zdtXmM
    2016 Honda NC750X DCT
    2016 Honda Civic EX-HS