• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aux lights best price/performance?

Soarezito

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for extra lights for safety and riding Comfort, and would appreciate some inputs on different options.

Thanks in advance! :)

$18 amazon

3a0a8662b2929e4f15cba382e658b3b0.jpg

If anyone orders these, get some liquid silicon to go around the corners of the glass lens. The sides already have rubber gaskets. I have had these on my nc and my wing for over 60k miles. I have done many water crossings with the nc and these suckers still work great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Lights2.jpg
    Lights2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
I don't think there is a single best solution.
Do you want to see or be seen?
Different lights are best at different things.
I bought Denali D2s, not easy to install, but can be dimmed. Also pricey.

Look up the headlight law in your state AND any states you ride in.
A common provision is "no glare", whatever that means.
Another is some provision like "light beam must be below lens at 25 feet."
I do not know where the 25 feet comes from, but I see it in the laws of numerous states.

Denete, do you have pictures of those on your bike?

The Photon Blasters are always on. The flood lights are on when I really need to see the full picture at night, or need to ensure that I am more visible to others. Using the mounting position that I've chosen helps to get the most distance between the lights and open up "the triangle" as much as possible to aid other drivers with perception of distance.

Flood lights: LED Fog Light - 3" Square - 25W | Auxiliary Driving Lights | LED Daytime Running Lights | LED Car Light Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs
Photon Blasters (white): Skene Lights - motorcycle safety lighting
Mounting brackets: Amazon.com: AUXMART 1 Inch Bullbar Nudge Bar Mounting Brackets Tube Light Clamp for Hid LED Light Bar: Automotive
Light Bar: Amazon.com: New 2012-2015 Honda NC700X NC700 NC 700 Motorcycle Light Bar Lightbar: Automotive

Here are some photos of my setup.

IMG_3498.jpg
IMG_3495.jpg
IMG_3567.jpg

I've had good luck with the reasonability priced mondomotos MM10 Led lights. The MM10 model is no longer available, but they do have very similar new styles. I went with the switch mounted on the handlebars and wired through the Honda accessory harness, so the lights shutdown when the key is turned off.

mondomotors.com

20170509_085623.jpg
20170509_085723.jpg
20170509_085759.jpg

Last edited:
I've had good luck with the reasonability priced mondomotos MM10 Led lights. The MM10 model is no longer available, but they do have very similar new styles. I went with the switch mounted on the handlebars and wired through the Honda accessory harness, so the lights shutdown when the key is turned off.

mondomotors.com

View attachment 33423

Can you elaborate more or perhaps show a more close up photo of your highway pegs, and your mounting point.

I have an extra set I never got to installed on my last bike and would like to adapt on to the NC but lacking a way of doing so...

Need some ideas...

76ac93917eb5e6f5c0b74f27ae29255c.jpg

4b199511b97668ba4aef3d8202086e37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back