• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X generations / will NC700X gear fit?

Nikola

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all; new on the board with a 2017 NC750X DCT arriving TOMORROW (I may be a little excited.... ;) )

I've tried to search both Google and these boards but could not find a sticky/authorative thread about generations of NC750X or differences to NC700X, when it comes to things like windshield, luggage, handguards and other attachable bits & pieces. The 2015 NC750X and 2016/2017 looked almost identical in the store, but that doesn't mean fitment isn't off by milimeters...

In particular, there's a set of side cases for NC700X being sold nearby that I'm very interested in, but haven't a clue whether it'd fit or not.

I don't mind reading and researching, a link to a good place is as appreciated as straight answer.... many thanks in advance!

Nikola

Congrats!
Generally speaking the NC700 is the same as the NC750x for accessories. But the Givi rack attachments are different between the 12-15 and 16 on models (no difference in the actual racks or panniers). Ditto the windscreen mounting system changed so they're generation dependant.
Givi V35 Panniers on the 2016 models

Thanks Harvey! Sounds like the mounting racks that come from 2012 NC700X will NOT fit 2017 NC750X.

Btw, I notice your tag says "NC750XD" - is that the accepted shortcut nomenclature for DCT, or does the "D" signify something else? :)

The Givi rack system is two parts. The actual racks don't change from bike to bike, but the attachment brackets (joining the rack to the bike) does. Givi calls them a mounting kit (for sidecases only) and they're about $40-45 CAD for one. I think you need a topcase mounting kit if you go for a sidecases and top combo.

The XD comes from the Honda manuals- X and XA for manual trans -/+ Abs and XD for the DCT

Last edited:
Back