• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Luggage Options (Side and Top Box) - More Pictures Needed!

Thomasec

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, you lucky NC700x owners. Has anyone gotten set up with the genuine Honda side box (pannier) option? If so, could you post some pics on how they look on the bike and how they function? I am particularly interested what they look like open (interior pic) and how easy they mount and un-mount. A close up pic of the mount bracketing would be helpful (I've seen the Honda pic showing a U shaped bracket, but don't exactly know how that fits up with the box.) Those of us waiting for their bikes would like to evaluate what option to go with . . . . Honda or aftermarket (Hepco Becker, Givi, etc.)

Regarding the top box - does it mount permanently or is it removable (like a Givi would be?) (edit- further examination of the released pics show the red release button on the box. Removable it is!) Interior pics?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There are many pictures on the Honda site of luggage, but it would be interesting to hear from owners whether they think it is good value for the money.

So far as I know ALL Honda top boxes are removable with the same key that opens the top box.

Thomasec, I agree!! Although I ordered the Honda panniers at the same time as the bike, I'm not sure I've done the right thing. For example, the Hepco Becker boxes look very nice, are usefully bigger at 38l and I must say I prefer the full loop frames that they do (I think I'm right that the Honda frames are more minimal/less robust). Basically, we just don't have enough info to make an informed choice. If I end up preferring the HBs when all becomes clear, I'm hoping my Honda dealer will let me change my mind as a) he also sells Hepcos and b) I can't imagine he'll have any bother finding another customer for 'my' Honda ones as there seems to be a waiting list. Mind you, I spoke to Hepco Becker in the UK and they seem equally clueless as to exactly what's on offer for the NC-X - or when!! Surely Honda and HB, this is no way to run your businesses.

Honda should have got their act together, but other manufacturers need to get their hands on a bike and then design luggage systems from scratch which might explain your frustration!.

Have just been given a delivery date by my dealer of April 15 for my panniers and fitting kit - not too bad as that's only 2 weeks later than promised when I ordered them with the bike at the end of January. Not such good news for the center stand ordered at the same time tho. There's still no availability date for that and someone on the UK NC700 forum has been told by his dealer that production is being transferred to Germany (not sure where from or why) with deliveries planned to start second half of May. I'm not impressed!!

Releasing a new model worldwide is not an easy task for even a large company like Honda. Also, I think they may have been caught a bit by surprise at the demand, surely larger than they anticipated. I am cutting them some slack and will be patient. They will get everything out in due time.

Scrumpy - post some picks when you get your panniers and fittings!

Releasing a new model worldwide is not an easy task for even a large company like Honda. Also, I think they may have been caught a bit by surprise at the demand, surely larger than they anticipated. I am cutting them some slack and will be patient. They will get everything out in due time.

Scrumpy - post some picks when you get your panniers and fittings!

Very good point, although I feel like a kid at Christmas...... so hard to wait!

Hi.
I have posted a picture in the gallery on my 700x with Honda 29L on the side and the 45L topbox.
I have also the sidepanel kit on the fairing and on the boxes.
There is also a Ermax hugger in silver but its hard to see.
I can put up some more pictures in the gallery, i just nead to wash it first. ;)
Regards
Jorgen

Hi.
I have posted a picture in the gallery on my 700x with Honda 29L on the side and the 45L topbox.
I have also the sidepanel kit on the fairing and on the boxes.
There is also a Ermax hugger in silver but its hard to see.
I can put up some more pictures in the gallery, i just nead to wash it first. ;)
Regards
Jorgen

How much did each of the accessories cost? I know the pricing will be slightly different in the U.S. but I wanted to get an idea of what the cost of the 27Ls were with the sidepanel kits.

Thanks!

Hi.
Here are the prices in swedish kronor and 1 dollar is nearly 7 kronor.
Top box 3595 kr
Pannier 29L kit 5995 kr
Carrier for top box 1195 kr
Pannier stay kit 1395 kr
Support pannier stay kit 2495 kr
Panel kit for pannier 895 kr
Panel kit for the fairing 1395 kr
Regards
Jorgen

I am still waiting for my "gratis" top box from the Honda dealer.
I think Honda parts (as with all original manu parts) are priced way too high.
One can only get them during the purchase transaction as "part of the deal".

H&B does have mounting, but I do not like them, compared to the Original Honda rack.
Givi also has some to offer.

I would propose to wait a little while more, til the aftermarket parts makers, get into this mid-range X bike.

Happy riding!
:p

I think Honda original cases look the best! I know they are expensive but I only need one key for everything.
If I could get other cases that used the same key, I would consider them.

Top box 3595 kr = 519.91
Pannier 29L kit 5995 kr =866.99 U.S.
Carrier for top box 1195 kr = 172.82
Pannier stay kit 1395 kr = 201.74
Support pannier stay kit 2495 kr= 360.83
Panel kit for pannier 895 kr = 129.43
Panel kit for the fairing 1395 kr = 201.74

Looks like $2,453.46 U.S. Ouch! That is more than 1/3 the cost of the bike!
Thanks for posting this Jorgen.

You said it brother!! In all my scouring of the internet, I have not come across any good 'interior' or 'functionality' shots at all, just pics of the exterior. Motorcycle.com's video review actually shows the panniers coming off, but nothing as far as the interior or usuable space. I know they're listed at 29L, and I like the fact that their design is very close-mounted to the bike (not protruding out very far), but certainly you would sacrifice some function for this sleekness? Anyone at all have pics they can share??

I think Honda original cases look the best! I know they are expensive but I only need one key for everything.
If I could get other cases that used the same key, I would consider them.

Hi Turbo

Have you actually managed to get ONE key to your topcase(same as ignition key)?
I could not...
I have the 35L honda box. The key lock assembly for the box, looks too small for the bigger ignition key.

Ordered these:

Aero ABS bags with SW-Motech EVO quick lock supports. The bags are nylon covered ABS hard bags and they come with waterproof liners.

kft_01_129_60000__b1342798610-6388.jpg

kft_01_129_60000__b_401342798611-6388.jpg

Chose them over the Honda bags (which I initially really wanted) because A) NO CUTTING of bodywork and B) The bike looks like this when the bags are off (note: I did not purchase the trunk platform, so just one tab will be visible near the seat):
kft_01_129_60000__b_301342798611-6388.jpg

Total cost was $748 shipped. Slightly more capacity at 31L, and the ability to ride without them and not have the supports showing.

Last edited:
Hi Turbo

Have you actually managed to get ONE key to your topcase(same as ignition key)?
I could not...
I have the 35L honda box. The key lock assembly for the box, looks too small for the bigger ignition key.

I posted that post before I bought bike. Since then I went to a dealer and looked at a NCX with all the bags attached.
I decided the OEM luggage wouldn't do what I need, so I decided to go with another brand.

Ya, the dealer put on the mounting for the Honda bags. The bags should be here by the middle of November. Wtf Honda?

Hey ....

Those look great .....

post your review and some better pictures when you get them ...

Thanks ...
Ordered these:

Aero ABS bags with SW-Motech EVO quick lock supports. The bags are nylon covered ABS hard bags and they come with waterproof liners.

kft_01_129_60000__b_401342798611-6388.jpg

Chose them over the Honda bags (which I initially really wanted) because A) NO CUTTING of bodywork and B) The bike looks like this when the bags are off (note: I did not purchase the trunk platform, so just one tab will be visible near the seat):

Total cost was $748 shipped. Slightly more capacity at 31L, and the ability to ride without them and not have the supports showing.

I finally received my Honda side pannier set with mounting hardware. They are really nice quality (obviously sourced from Givi) and fit the best of all the options I've seen (I do like that Aero ABS set though.) I will be answering my own OP question and will post pics of them (including the interior!) and some of the installation. Honda does require some cutting of the rear side panels to fit larger side grips which are used to mount the cases. It is beyond me why they do this as it would certainly have been a lot easier (and cheaper!) to just supply them as the standard on the X. But nooooooooo . . . :-/

Back