• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

exhaust and center stand

bri222

Reaction score
Visit site
when you get an after market exhaust you lose your stopper for your center stand for it attached to the OEM exhaust. Anyone have a solution, for the center stand now slams into the suspension support arms?

when you get some brands of after market exhaust you lose your stopper for your center stand for it attached to the OEM exhaust. Anyone have a solution, for the center stand now slams into the suspension support arms?

It depends on which one you buy. Some pipes come with a centre stand tab. The solution/s for those without, can be different for several of the various offerings. I haven't put my Danmoto on yet, but suspect I will just hose clamp something to the mid pipe if I can, roughly where the OEM stopper was. If that turns out to be a pipe dream (heeheehee) then maybe the next try will be some contraption mounted to the centrestand itself, to stop it before contacting the shock linkage. Might be something as simple as a small block of rubber zip tied or clamped on the stand's cross brace. :D

It is a Danmoto exhaust. for now I just tape some foam to the center stand's cross bar where it contacts the shock linkage. Do see any problems having the center stand resting on the shock linkage?

It is a Danmoto exhaust. for now I just tape some foam to the center stand's cross bar where it contacts the shock linkage. Do see any problems having the center stand resting on the shock linkage?

I would imagine foam would wear out pretty quick and then cause an infernal clacking noise which would drive me nuts.

Honestly I don't think the linkage actually moves a whole heck of a lot, and the stand isn't under a super intense spring load in that "up" direction, so it probably would cause no overt harm, but me, I wouldn't have it that way.

I just wouldn't feel right with it bouncing around and contacting the linkage, personally.

thanks L.B.S. I agree completely. Just have it this way until I can figure something else out that will work better. I really don't want to have to weld anything. Hoping someone had an easy solution that worked well and looked decent. The hose clamp idea should work but need some other piece on the clamp to contact the stopper.

Epoxy glue a good peace of hard black rubber pre-cut by you to form you wish to the center stand. Looks good this way. But, there is always duct tape!

thanks L.B.S. I agree completely. Just have it this way until I can figure something else out that will work better. I really don't want to have to weld anything. Hoping someone had an easy solution that worked well and looked decent. The hose clamp idea should work but need some other piece on the clamp to contact the stopper.

if you do scare up a neat little idea, please be sure to post your findings :D

Use the Advanced Search function on the upper right and search for the key words of Center Stand Stopper Mod. You are looking for a thread started by Hpmc88 in the NC700 Mods forum. I would link it but can't figure out how to do it on my phone.

Oh, and by the way-the Over Racing center stand stopper is $35.01 bucks US, plus any applicable taxes/shipping etc., from WeBike Japan:

OVER : Center stand stopper [35-21-01]

The link earlier posted in the Center Stand Stopper Mod thread, taking you to the Over Racing website itself, Center Stand Stopper from overracing showing the 384.50 Euro cost (!!!! :eek:) has got to be some kind of laughable typo or outrageous boner on their part, lol.

Last edited:
Back