• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shinko 705's en route!

130/80/17 front.

:eek:

That should look like a right proper steam roller wheel, heehee!

With my 120/70 front TKC, I can't count how many people have walked up and said: "wow, that sure is a small looking front wheel" due to the somehow optical illusion of the 17" rim looking smaller than it is, due to how wide and blocky the 120 tire looks on it.

It looks "short and fat", versus "tall and skinny". I'm intrigued to see what a 130/80 looks like! :D

:eek:

That should look like a right proper steam roller wheel, heehee!

With my 120/70 front TKC, I can't count how many people have walked up and said: "wow, that sure is a small looking front wheel" due to the somehow optical illusion of the 17" rim looking smaller than it is, due to how wide and blocky the 120 tire looks on it.

It looks "short and fat", versus "tall and skinny". I'm intrigued to see what a 130/80 looks like! :D

Keep in mind the tread depth and general knobbiness between the two though. The TKC definitely has a more visually 'chunky' look than the 705 which has a more narrow profile, I think. Also it will only be 5% wider than the Bridgestone but about 20% taller so yeah I am interested to see how it looks as well! :D

Tires are on and I've gotta say. These things rock! Minimal vibration at slow speeds which almost completely fades away above 25mph. Not much added noise and I haven't noticed any reduction in traction in corners yet. The only issue I ran into because I ordered a taller than stock tire is that the front fender had almost no clearance. I created a simple riser to fix this and I ended up loving the way it looks. I've detailed making it in this post-

$5 DIY Fender Riser

L.B.S, you were curious about the front tire size, I love it! I don't think it looks too big or disproportional. I look forward to getting out into the dirt some more and really see how she does. :)

IMG_4252.jpg
IMG_4253.jpg
IMG_4255.jpg

Last edited:
Keep us updated on how they do on and off road and what mileage you get out them. I like the tread pattern as it seems more all terrain and road friendly than the tkc/k60 combo.

Looks awesome, Brinkhouse! :cool:

The front tire gives the appearance of a much more proportional match than the chubby little TKC does, lol

Cant wait to see how you feel about these after some miles on them. I was after 705's a while ago and they were out of stock so I went with Kenda 761's. they were fine until it rained then they were was abysmal.

Cant wait to see how you feel about these after some miles on them. I was after 705's a while ago and they were out of stock so I went with Kenda 761's. they were fine until it rained then they were was abysmal.

I'll definitely update this thread as I put some miles on these!

Looks Great ...

When I first got the NC ... I thought the 705's would be a great tire for the NC ...

Please keep us posted ....

Also when you get a chance take a few pictures a little ways back ....

Thanks ...

Tires are on and I've gotta say. These things rock! Minimal vibration at slow speeds which almost completely fades away above 25mph. Not much added noise and I haven't noticed any reduction in traction in corners yet. The only issue I ran into because I ordered a taller than stock tire is that the front fender had almost no clearance. I created a simple riser to fix this and I ended up loving the way it looks. I've detailed making it in this post-

$5 DIY Fender Riser

L.B.S, you were curious about the front tire size, I love it! I don't think it looks too big or disproportional. I look forward to getting out into the dirt some more and really see how she does. :)

View attachment 9732
View attachment 9733
View attachment 9734

Finished fitting mine today to the NC700S.

NC700S Shinko705.jpg

Not a simple straight swap as you've discovered. Interesting to note we independently arrived at the same solution for the front. I had trouble with my Rosso Cromo rear hugger too, and had to remove my front fender extender and make another one of my own. The S model has the added issue of much less clearance between the top of the guard and the triple clamps. I had to push the forks through the clamps 3mm to help. Probably a combination of this and the new, taller tyre, and I've certainly noticed a slowing in steering action. She ain't no dirt bike...

Looks good! Like the color coordinated barkbusters, as well! :)

View attachment 9934

Not a simple straight swap as you've discovered. Interesting to note we independently arrived at the same solution for the front. I had trouble with my Rosso Cromo rear hugger too, and had to remove my front fender extender and make another one of my own. The S model has the added issue of much less clearance between the top of the guard and the triple clamps. I had to push the forks through the clamps 3mm to help. Probably a combination of this and the new, taller tyre, and I've certainly noticed a slowing in steering action. She ain't no dirt bike...

View attachment 9934

Looks awesome! :cool:

-I'll never understand why Oz didn't get the X version! That strikes me as just too weird.

And that sign behind you is prejudiced. " No S's" How rude. :mad:

lol ;)

So the front tire you used is a rear tire, did you mount it backwards. ??
Also I assume you went with a 130 instead of a 120 because it was rated as Tubeless. ??.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So the front tire you used is a rear tire, did you mount it backwards. ??
Also I assume you went with a 130 instead of a 120 because it was rated as Tubeless. ??.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My monitor at work sucks, but squinting at the screen it looks like BrinkHouse reversed, and Yamezz didn't. (if Yamezz also chose the 130/80-17)

Back