• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side covers removed for light bar install

BigMike

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, here's what she looks like without the side covers. The instructions with the OEM light bar show how to take them off. Sort of a pain, but I'll get used to it. Lots of those little plastic push-button clips, so I may be hitting up the dealership for a bag of extra ones since I know I'll break some in the near future.

Pics taken while in the process of installing the center-stand and light bar.

imagejpeg_43.jpg

imagejpeg_44.jpg

Lots of those little plastic push-button clips, so I may be hitting up the dealership for a bag of extra ones since I know I'll break some in the near future.

They can be re-used many times if you are careful. Push the center to release, then to re-install, push the center post out before installing it and push the center back down to flush to lock it. If you do break one, I found that the Yamaha style fits too. I like the Yamaha style better so I tried one. I haven't broken a Honda one yet, but I will keep trying.

Okay, Here's the whole Light Bar install instructions, except the template sheet which I used to cut out the piece of plastic for the under-cowl panel.

Btw, if someone knows how I can post these pics in full size, lemme know.

HondaLB0001.jpg
HondaLB0002.jpg
HondaLB0003.jpg
HondaLB0004.jpg
HondaLB0005.jpg
HondaLB0006.jpg

I really could have used this a few days ago. When I put it all back together I had parts leftover...had to remove and re-install again to get it right.

The Honda Service Manual has all this info and much more. I believe everyone should have one.

yeah, problem is my dealer can't order it right now. Either not available or back-ordered. Otherwise, I'll get one eventually. I have a service manual for EVERY vehicle I own.

yeah, problem is my dealer can't order it right now. Either not available or back-ordered. Otherwise, I'll get one eventually. I have a service manual for EVERY vehicle I own.

Helm doesn't have them on their web site yet, but you can call them and order it...

(800) 782-4356

Back