• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Engine casing bolt torque settings for Denali soundbomb install

jdaw

Reaction score
Visit site
As you can see from the Denali diagrams, it involves taking the engine casing bolts out and then reinserting and torquing in. It gives torque settings based on the length of the bolts but are there specific settings that these should be? Nothing in the manual or booklet I have

Thanks in advance

1000058783.jpg1000058784.jpg

They are 6 mm bolts going into aluminum so it should be around 7 ft-lbs. If you go much higher, you risk stripping the threads in the case!
Really helpful thank you. I was going to try taking it out with my wrench at different settings to see what it had been set at

Really helpful thank you. I was going to try taking it out with my wrench at different settings to see what it had been set at
There is no reliable way to measure the installed tightening torque by measuring the loosening force. Static friction vs dynamic, bolt stretch, corrosion, heat/ cool cycles, etc are some of the many variables.

My Honda service manual states in general a torque of 7 ft-lb for 6 mm bolts.

Back