• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question How do you jack this dang thing up?

I use a head tube stand to hold the front up securely for fork oil changes. I figured if I bought the tool I would use it more and that in one change it would pay for it in the savings from a shop doing it. Have changed the oil three times now...am I making money....

IMG_20211119_204223.jpg

+1 on the center stand. for 150 bucks, it's one of the cheaper and more useful mods you can make on your NC. It's not just useful for maintenance, but I feel the bike is more secure on it than the kickstand so I use it almost exclusively in lieu of such.

The OEM center stand is a great place to start. Very easy install if you use a ratchet strap for the springs-15 minutes tops. its worth the cost just to lessen the hassle of lubing the chain. A bit of weigh on the rear rack and the front wheel is up and easy to service.

Here is how the mechanic elevated the front end on mine yesterday while changing the front tire

2V7DfZSh.jpg

Here is how the mechanic elevated the front end on mine yesterday while changing the front tire

2V7DfZSh.jpg
It looks like the far wood block is under an oil pan bolt. That’s OK. Can’t tell if the block on the near side is putting any force on the exhaust, but if it is, I’d fire the mechanic.

I doubt if it was, he's a great mechanic, 30 years experience on Honda's and Yamaha's. With the bike on the centerstand it doesn't take much to hold the font end up. Been servicing my bikes for decades. I trust his work.

Hi guys & dolls, is it allowed to jack my 2012 NC700X under the very flat aluminum skid plate ? Bike is lowered and a central stand is not an option,
grtz Hoogy (Belgium)

Hi guys & dolls, is it allowed to jack my 2012 NC700X under the very flat aluminum skid plate ? Bike is lowered and a central stand is not an option,
grtz Hoogy (Belgium)
Skid plates are aftermarket items so whether your skid plate would withstand a jack attack would depend on your particular skid plate's construction.

Depending on how low your NC is lowered, and what skid plate you have, an NC700S center stand might work. It is shorter than an NC700X stand.

...Bike is lowered and a central stand is not an option...
I also had my NC700 lowered. But I also had an OEM center stand that I installed before I lowered my bike. So in order to still be able to use the center stand for various work on the motorcycle, I made a simple platform to raise the rear wheel.
As it was said in tread # 14, "the vast majority of the weight rests on the center stand", so you can tilt the bike the other way with little force.
And you could put something under your skid plate without fear.

IMG_1520_2.jpg

Skid plates are aftermarket items so whether your skid plate would withstand a jack attack would depend on your particular skid plate's construction.

Depending on how low your NC is lowered, and what skid plate you have, an NC700S center stand might work. It is shorter than an NC700X stand.
I bought the bike this way and the lower parts are not that necessary fot me so I will try to score a center stand and make the bike higher again. For the moment I will try, with a wooden plate between, to rise very carefully with a jack for grease the chain and check the wheel bearings. Thx for your info.

Attachments

• IMG_20211123_150449.jpg
    IMG_20211123_150449.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
That looks like a homemade skid plate. It may not be very robust, the aluminum looks thin to me.
It came like this on the bike also well used in Morroco by the preveous owner, thickness = about 3 or 4 mm but with a wooden board between this skid plate and the jack I think I can raise it. On the photo's you see also the frame of the skid plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20211123_145352.jpg
    IMG_20211123_145352.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20211123_144710.jpg
    IMG_20211123_144710.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20211123_145406.jpg
    IMG_20211123_145406.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
I have seen a lot of stands that slot into the swinging arm , I have a 2021 NC750X but it appears the swinging arm is covered by plastics, am i correct?
Would i need to drill through the plastics to use these stands, Bursig, Abba and Con Stand and the Big Blue bike stands?
Any advise would be welcome.

How do you jack this dang thing up? Is center stand only option? Why didn't it come with one?
I have a cheap Harbor Freight lift that goes under the swingarms. For the front, I mounted a heavy duty hook to my garage ceiling, and ratchet strap it into the air. Worked for me to remove both wheels

The factory center stand works well for this if the bike is on a work stand use some ratchet straps on the rear to hold the front up and add stability or as the Ferret shows in post 24 use a scissor jack with a wood block under the pan. You can find the scissor jacks in any junkyard or maybe in your cars trunk. If working in the garage straps can be used from the handlebars to the rafters or cross braces.

Back