• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

oil change after 6000 km or 3700 miles ?

W

wildeone

I am a little bit confused with this service intervals.
First one I did after 1000km (600miles) and now at half way to
next service at 12000 km (7500 miles) and preparing for a longer trip
I'm not sure if I should change the oil or no?

If you can complete your trip before 12000 km, then there's no need to change it now.

If you can complete your trip before 12000 km, then there's no need to change it now.

^^^^Agree. The 600 mile (1000km) is just to ensure any crud from manufacturing or break-in is washed out. Assuming that one was done correctly and that your bike isn't ridden in any "extreme conditions", following the service intervals are fine.

thanks guys, I should finish my trip with around 10000 km so should be fine then.

I am one of those who change oils prior to the recommended intervals. As I use a semi synthetic oil on this particular motorcycle, I always change around 4000 miles. However, if I were using a full synthetic then perhaps I would leave it to the full 7500 miles.

Change as often as you can afford to (cost and time) or at least once a year regardless of mileage.
Usually people change oil in thousands of km.
First oil change should be like 500-1200km to get rid of the running in metal bits. They are not urban myths.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Service interval is 8000 miles. There is no need to change the oil before that interval, and some very good explanations of why there is no benefit on many forums, YouTube etc. your oil simply does not degrade as quickly as you assume and after the first service flush there is very little scarf in your engine casings

Back