• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Stator and rectifier

Rudy30

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys i have a problem with my 700 the stator resistance reading gives me 0.7 and the book says it must be between 0.1/0.5 will it make a difference and my rectifier give me one read of 4.5 and another of 1.15 the other way is that normal
regards
Rudy

On the stator resistance measurement, depending on your meter and leads, it can be difficult to measure low resistance values accurately. You should first short your leads to measure their resistance, then subtract that from you stator reading.

Do you have some problem with the bike that is prompting you to make these measurements?

i replaced the clutch and after that the bike will not start it turns the battery is fully charged and every thing is ok the cut out switch the clutch censers fine it is in neutral but i do not get spark at the plugs the coils are good
Regards
Rudy

Your engine starting problem has nothing to do with charging system. It cannot be said that the alternator is faulty because the engine is not running, so you cannot measure the current generated by the alternator.
You must carefully analyze what has been done when replacing the clutch. Whether it was required to disconnect some connectors, or whether any electric wire could be damaged or shorted to ground.

Back