• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corresponding connectors

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm a neurotic engineer I admit it. I recently ordered the sub harness alond with the relay kit so I can power my GPS and frunk USB power outlets. Since I want these items switched I decided to stay with OEM instead of aftermarket solutions. The sub-harness comes with four accessory plugs. Three are one type and the fourth is different. I'm unclear what the fourth(square) connector is for. So I set out to find the corresponding connectors to plug in. Some have replaced the Honda supplied connectors with ones locally sourced but I figured it must be an available connector so I finally found them and placed my order.

The outfit is called Cycle terminal and here is the link:

Motorcycle 2.8mm - 110 Connector and Terminals

The ones I ordered were the fourth option down called 3 pin 2.8mm - .110 Male and Female locking connector

I believe the fourth(square) connector is the third option down called 4 pin 2.8mm - .110 Male and Female locking connector

Whats noteworthy and to avoid confusion, the connector called a 3-pin only has two conductors used(the middle one is empty on the Honda Side)
The 4-pin connector only has three conductors used(one is empty on the Honda side).

Hope this is useful to those that want to add accessories and not hack up the subharness you just paid good money for.

Are these connectors the same size as the Honda? The only connectors I've found work with the Honda 110 pins but are not an exact match for the Honda connector so I wound up pushing the pins out of the Honda connector and inserting them into the connectors I found. I kept the Honda connectors so I can easily switch back as the pins are easy to push out/in of the connectors so no hacking has to be done.

If I remember correctly the 4 pin connector is for the Honda factory fog lights which we do not have in the U.S. Again going from memory, the 4 pin is ground, switched power, and high/low beam trigger. Been a while since I probed them out and I don't have my notes with me.

Bama,

I'll follow up when the connectors come to verify they are correct. Thanks for the info on the Fog light connector.

Are these connectors the same size as the Honda? The only connectors I've found work with the Honda 110 pins but are not an exact match for the Honda connector so I wound up pushing the pins out of the Honda connector and inserting them into the connectors I found. I kept the Honda connectors so I can easily switch back as the pins are easy to push out/in of the connectors so no hacking has to be done.

If I remember correctly the 4 pin connector is for the Honda factory fog lights which we do not have in the U.S. Again going from memory, the 4 pin is ground, switched power, and high/low beam trigger. Been a while since I probed them out and I don't have my notes with me.

Thanks craigmri and bamamate. Ordered mine tonight.

The fog light connector wiring was helpful. Would you happen to know the colors of those wires in that subharness?

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Guys,

thanks for sharing the information on the connectors. I'm looking to hook up my GPS and automatic chain oiler from McCoi on the switched power without cutting the original wirering. I like the idea of the connector but please let me know where I can find the connector on the NC700x. I have the European NC700x and I do not know if I should look for the 3 or 4 pin version.

Armand

Hi Guys,

thanks for sharing the information on the connectors. I'm looking to hook up my GPS and automatic chain oiler from McCoi on the switched power without cutting the original wirering. I like the idea of the connector but please let me know where I can find the connector on the NC700x. I have the European NC700x and I do not know if I should look for the 3 or 4 pin version.

Armand

Hi Armand

The bike's harness connector to plug the OEM Honda Sub Harness into, is located on the left side of the bike as shown here:

nc700x Harness plug location.jpg

If you choose to buy the Honda Sub Harness, you plug in to it:

NC700X OEM Sub Harness.jpg

From that point, you now have the option to also buy the Honda ACC harness, which in turn plugs in to the (also bought separately, lol) Socket Harness, which goes into the trunk, for 12V power for devices to plug in.

The remaining unused connectors are there for the OEM Fog Lights, OEM Heated Grips, and OEM Alarm? (I think, but don't quote me. I can never remember, sorry.) or if not using any of those, whatever items you want to plug in instead.

NC700X Sub Harness detail.jpg

Note; you will also need the Honda Relay Kit to make this stuff work together.

*any Forum member Electrical Gurus (you know who you are, :p) seeing that I've screwed up anything here, please feel free to publicly shame me and set things straight, lol :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Armand

The bike's harness connector to plug the OEM Honda Sub Harness into, is located on the left side of the bike as shown here:

View attachment 7239

If you choose to buy the Honda Sub Harness, you plug in to it:

View attachment 7240

From that point, you now have the option to also buy the Honda ACC harness, which in turn plugs in to the (also bought separately, lol) Socket Harness, which goes into the trunk, for 12V power for devices to plug in.

The remaining unused connectors are there for the OEM Fog Lights, OEM Heated Grips, and OEM Alarm? (I think, but don't quote me. I can never remember, sorry.) or if not using any of those, whatever items you want to plug in instead.

View attachment 7241

Note; you will also need the Honda Relay Kit to make this stuff work together.

*any Forum member Electrical Gurus (you know who you are, :p) seeing that I've screwed up anything here, please feel free to publicly shame me and set things straight, lol :eek:

Wow, I would see people posting about the accessory outlets and Honda relay kit and such but I had no freaking idea what anyone was talking about or where to even begin to just have a simple 12v outlet to charge a phone lol. But with your explanations and the pictures all of it actually makes sense to me now.

It gave me some clarification anyway as to what each actual part is. And more or less what I would need

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 4

The 3rd wire in the 4 pin connector is the Hi-beam 12V coming straight from the Hi/Lo switch on the handlebar.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the information. With this information I found the connector hooked up to the storage compartment to keep it clean. Looking at all the connections, I think Honda has made it quite complicated. I switched the relay from the fuel system to the optional position to test the connections. I could not find a switched power supply on the connection.
Then I noticed a thick switched power cable on the left front of the motor cycle in a other connector. I have removed the cable from the connector without cutting the wire and inserted a short cable with the corresponding claps and an extra connection for my 12V equipment. With a 10A fuse, I can now power the GPS and chain oiler without all extra Honda accessories which in my view are a bit overdone.

Regards,
Armand

for me, with the identification of the connector thanks to craigmri that I can plug in to the subharness and use the fog light wires (12 v switched, high beam sense) made it extremely easy. All I then had to do is connect it to my battery. The wiring harness from the denali lights made it very simple.

Ken

Finally ordered these today. Thanks for finding these connectors, Craig.

Okay, help a fella out who understands electricity alright, but HATES 'automotive' wiring, please?

I have the Honda heated grips and Honda power outlet on my '12. That _should_ mean I have 1 x 3-pin and 1 x 4-pin connector left on the Honda harness (all this stuff was on the bike on the showroom floor, so I did none of it), right?

What does this factory wiring provide, for a person who wants to add something like aux lighting, or maybe-possibly heated gear, or even just some 'ambience' lighting or other nonsense (I like nonsense!)? Does this provide the actual power for, say, aux lights, or just the switched wire to activate a relay? I understand that there are only 2 wires in the 3-pin connector, and 3 wires in the 4-pin. So, are the two wires in the 3-pin power and trigger, or ground and one-or-the-other, or...? If it supplies the actual power through these connectors, how much will the Honda wiring and relay(s) put out?

I apologize that this is likely very obvious to you all. I may have mentioned elsewhere that I HATE 'automotive' wiring. :)

Last edited:
Okay, help a fella out who understands electricity alright, but HATES 'automotive' wiring, please?

I have the Honda heated grips and Honda power outlet on my '12. That _should_ mean I have 1 x 3-pin and 1 x 4-pin connector left on the Honda harness (all this stuff was on the bike on the showroom floor, so I did none of it), right?

What does this factory wiring provide, for a person who wants to add something like aux lighting, or maybe-possibly heated gear, or even just some 'ambience' lighting or other nonsense (I like nonsense!)? Does this provide the actual power for, say, aux lights, or just the switched wire to activate a relay? I understand that there are only 2 wires in the 3-pin connector, and 3 wires in the 4-pin, so it can't be supplying both (right?). If it supplies the actual power through these connectors, how much will the Honda wiring and relay(s) put out?

I apologize that this is likely very obvious to you all. I may have mentioned elsewhere that I HATE 'automotive' wiring. :)

The power switched by the optional relay is fused at 7.5 amps. Since you have the frunk outlet at 1 amp and the heated grip, which might take 4 amps, you just have a couple amps to spare. If your new load exceeds that, you could use the harness lead to switch a relay, but the actual power for the load would need to be from a new fused lead from the battery. LED aux lights don't draw too much power, so you may get by adding them to the 7.5 amp harness circuit. I'm going to attempt that myself.

Last edited:
The factory fuse for the acc harness is 7amps I believe. Most heated grips draw about 2 amps on high and for charging your phone or gps I round that to one amp. So you have about 4 amps to spare. Most halogen lights draw a lot of amps like 5ish that's why people rock LEDs on the factory harness. But you can direct wire halogens to the battery just add an online fuse and don't leave them on when the bike is off. To calculate amp draw of lights as you shop around its Power(watts)/voltage(12vdc for our bikes)=amps. Don't draw Mysore amps than the fuse or it will blow ie don't leave the grips on while running an air compressor. Hope that helps.

Gigs

Hey guys, I'm a neurotic engineer I admit it. I recently ordered the sub harness alond with the relay kit so I can power my GPS and frunk USB power outlets. Since I want these items switched I decided to stay with OEM instead of aftermarket solutions. The sub-harness comes with four accessory plugs. Three are one type and the fourth is different. I'm unclear what the fourth(square) connector is for. So I set out to find the corresponding connectors to plug in. Some have replaced the Honda supplied connectors with ones locally sourced but I figured it must be an available connector so I finally found them and placed my order.

The outfit is called Cycle terminal and here is the link:

Motorcycle 2.8mm - 110 Connector and Terminals

The ones I ordered were the fourth option down called 3 pin 2.8mm - .110 Male and Female locking connector

I believe the fourth(square) connector is the third option down called 4 pin 2.8mm - .110 Male and Female locking connector

Whats noteworthy and to avoid confusion, the connector called a 3-pin only has two conductors used(the middle one is empty on the Honda Side)
The 4-pin connector only has three conductors used(one is empty on the Honda side).

Hope this is useful to those that want to add accessories and not hack up the subharness you just paid good money for.

Thanks! I followed your advice and have successfully added hand warmer's and Frunk acc outlet, to the switched side of the circuiting thru the accessory harness and relay. I had bought non OEM hand Warner's by Oxford so had to cut the provided battery connections off and add the plug in connectors on to the wires. The cycle terminal connectors were cheap and perfect. By far the biggest part of the job was taking off and replacing the Tupperware .

Back