• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

16,000 mile oil report

NICE! 8,000 mile OIC, But I see you used a 20w50 this time. How did the engine feel? MPGs suffer a bit?

I bet the typewriter up top was much quieter. I'm going to run 10w40 mobil 1 MC once I hit my 5k mark. Currently have 10w30 Amsoil MC Plan on changing every 5k, but this report is promising! I may bump up to 8k, I am a DCT, so I don't "feel" the clutch shifting as much as the manual kids.

*edit: needs more zinc... Says the cat.

Last edited:
From the summary: "and the low viscosity isn't a problem".
Um, yes it is. That is the number one reason you don't wait too long on a motorcycle with shared wet sump engines. As confirmed by other threads on other forums with even greater number of oil analysis reports over the years, everything else in the oil may be perfectly fine, but viscosity won't ever be after 2k. Viscosity is what cushions your moving parts. It's everyone's choice, but you are not doing your engine any long-term favors by waiting so long when the viscosity dramatically drops as it's done here. Think about it.

From the summary: "and the low viscosity isn't a problem".
but viscosity won't ever be after 2k. Viscosity is what cushions your moving parts..

Given that theory^^^^^^^^^^^ the 0W-20 in my car after 9000 miles must have no "cushion" left :confused::confused: it started out with very low viscosity........;););) yes .... I get the shared transmission oil shear stuff

got to love a good oil thread

Don't get too wrapped up in Blackstone's commentary section. They do try their hardest, but often lead you astray.

Nevertheless, viscosity is only as important as actual wear rates say it is in the circumstance under evaluation. Also, remember that Honda specs/recommends/prefers a 30 grade, and that's what this oil was at the time of analysis.

Thanks for posting the analysis, Hmcp88!

Back