• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

16.3 km/l - Beat that :-)

jangermann

Reaction score
Visit site
Just returned after a extreme wet, lightning, hail windy and cold, 700km trip.
My worst average mileage ever 16.3km/l (38.3 mpg US), beat that :rolleyes:
Fuel indicator was blinking red after just 165km.

I am surprised that the mileage could go that low.

Last edited:
I was going about 130-140kmt in headwind with tall honda screen and full loaded SW-motech evo adventure panniers.
Some times the top speed was only 130kmt in 5 gear, the DCT had not enough power to shift to 6 gear.

Beats my ~42mpg going across Oklahoma winds. Least I was still better than the BMW F800GS I was riding with. He was down to 32mpg.

Take the wind speed and add it to the bike speed gives you the "aerodynamic" speed and aero drag is what limits top speed and mpg.

I just had my second fuel up since 0 miles. 68.8mpg on the 2016 NC700X DCT according to Fuelly. Driving around in mostly D mode with some S mixed in, 50/50 mix of street and highway riding, about 142 miles so far.

His bike is a 750 as well guys. It's bound to burn a little more fuel due to the increased cylinder volume. I'm getting around 55-60 mpg in virtually all city driving.

Wear gloves.

The temperatur was 4-5 °C and I for sure did wear my gloves....wet gloves.

Before my next trip I will:
Buy waterproof Gore tex gloves
Buy waterproof Gore tex boots

My gloves and boots should be waterproof, but when heaven did fall down, it was not waterproof at all. However my Rukka clothing with Gore tex membrane did keep the rain out.

I think you mean 6.3 litres per 100 km. At 16.3 litres you wouldn't even do 100 kms and run out at around 80 kms as the tank only holds about 13 litres.

While riding in South Dakota last June WOT in a stiff headwind, with side bags, top case and dry bag attached, I got only 6.7 litres per 100 kms (35.1 mpg). Never went through so much fuel so fast before. Thought for sure I was going to have to push. I used 11.72 litres (3.096 gallons) to do 175 kms (less than 109 miles).

Yep, you were flogging the poor beast pretty hard.
At a steady 70-75 mph, I can usually get around 65 to 70 mpg.

That's really good. If I do anything over 65 my mileage drops to 55mpg. If I ride 60-65, I get 65mpg.

Back