• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

16 NC750x DCT dashboard fuse keeps blowing

Bkmlm400

Reaction score
Visit site
please help I got a 2019 nc750x DCT love the bike and then all the sudden I get on one day and while I was riding the dashboard goes completely out but still displays the time, like when the bike is shut off, I was able to give gas but was stuck in 1st then shortly after it goes in Neutral and I had to stop restart dash still blank. I checked my fuses and found at the very bottom of my fuse box my 7.5 low profile fuse was blown, I replaced it, dashboard came back on but my check engine was illuminated. I toke for a 3 min drive and then same problem repeated itself! I have no aftermarket accessories attached nothing new added to my bike except 2 days prior I toke to Honda dealership to get new tires put on. Please help!!!

You did not mention which fuse blows. The description should be on the fuse cover.
The combination meter has two power points. One point is uninterrupted from the battery through the fuse marked "CLOCK/TURN". This fuse provides power to the internal clock and the meter's memory. The second point is controlled by the ignition switch and provides illumination of the meter and power supply to internal circuits. This fuse is usually labeled "ILLUMI/STOP/HORN".
For troubleshooting, you need a current wiring diagram for your NC model.
It is not said that the combination meter is defective. This could be one of the devices on the same power circuit. It is a bit of a methodical task to check point by point. It also requires checking if the insulation of any of the wires is not damaged and there is a short circuit.
Sometimes you can count on good luck with such work and find the fault quickly, but in most cases it is quite a frustrating task. If you will be using a multimeter, you need to know how to interpret the measurements. I don't know to what extent is your knowledge of electrical circuits ...

You did not mention which fuse blows. The description should be on the fuse cover.
The combination meter has two power points. One point is uninterrupted from the battery through the fuse marked "CLOCK/TURN". This fuse provides power to the internal clock and the meter's memory. The second point is controlled by the ignition switch and provides illumination of the meter and power supply to internal circuits. This fuse is usually labeled "ILLUMI/STOP/HORN".
For troubleshooting, you need a current wiring diagram for your NC model.
It is not said that the combination meter is defective. This could be one of the devices on the same power circuit. It is a bit of a methodical task to check point by point. It also requires checking if the insulation of any of the wires is not damaged and there is a short circuit.
Sometimes you can count on good luck with such work and find the fault quickly, but in most cases it is quite a frustrating task. If you will be using a multimeter, you need to know how to interpret the measurements. I don't know to what extent is your knowledge of electrical circuits ...
It is the fuse that makes my dashboard illuminate I will attach the pic, I havnt found a diagram or in my manual that specifically states.

Attachments

• 3EFE72EF-B40B-4EB8-BCF8-679E3BBDDEDD.jpeg
    3EFE72EF-B40B-4EB8-BCF8-679E3BBDDEDD.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 20
Back