• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

18 inch wheel on NC700

mikepech

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the things I did on my newly bought NC was to fit it with an 18" wheel. I downsized from a DL1000 (which I really liked) after 6 years but it was getting too heavy. ( gravity seems to be increasing ) I thought that would be my last bike but the NC is geared for geezers as well as newbies so I might have a few more years of riding left. The 18" wheel was a move toward more dirt road riding. After I got all the mods done I realized I wasn't up for dirt roads anymore either and so never got a new tire for the wheel or moved the fender up 1/2 inch. I did put a few miles on the install to make sure it worked. See pictures of this in the for sale section. I installed Cogent suspension front and rear which improved the comfort of the ride but not significantly. If I hadn't made a bit on the Suzuki sale I probably wouldn't have done that. I fitted a California Scientific windshield which works great except the mounting was flimsy for my taste and I made stronger brackets. Also did the seat lift trick I read about on the forum. I am generally happy with the bike now that I learned to 'short shift' and mods are probably done.

Back