• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

1st thousand in the books

Two years ago, got sucked into helping a friend with a new Honda Accord's electronics.
I have a technical background and dislike most of the 'NEW' stuff, usually its not intuitive
and too few buttons performing too many tasks.
Anywho, bought a new Mazda, thank goodness they have a killer-good website just for that model.
Still have an issue with auto-rain wipers, and absolutely dumb decision of cannot use touch screen
when the vehicle is in motion.

A while back , was shopping with my sister. Came out to the car and someone had placed a goofy
sticker on the rear bumper. I was irritated and could not get the lift back to open .... it wasn't my car.
My sister still zings me about it ! lol

Two years ago, got sucked into helping a friend with a new Honda Accord's electronics.
I have a technical background and dislike most of the 'NEW' stuff, usually its not intuitive
Anywho, bought a new Mazda, thank goodness they have a killer-good website just for that model.
Still have an issue with auto-rain wipers, and absolutely dumb decision of cannot use touch screen

A while back , was shopping with my sister. Came out to the car and someone had placed a goofy
sticker on the rear bumper. I was irritated and could not get the lift back to open .... it wasn't my car.
My sister still zings me about it ! lol
I love the wonder wheel that controls the touch screen in our Mazda however. That's one button that does everything you need to do.

Many years ago I worked for National Car Rental at a busy airport. A customer called one time ranting about how filthy his rental car was when he picked it up an hour earlier and that it nearly ran out of gas on the way to his hotel. Turns out he walked into the returning rental car lot by mistake, got in the right color but wrong car and the ignition key worked! What are those odds?

I believe they are different in many respects on the 2021. There is a you-tube video for programming the 2016-2020 NC's which I have watched, and it is nothing like mine.

I have no desire to try and get into programming the "user" mode of the transmission. (there is Standard, Sport and User.. the user mode is programmable for power, engine braking and traction control to suit the owner)

If there are any techie guys here, I'd be glad to text you pics of the pages on programming the instrumentation on this 2021, then when I get into trouble and get frustrated I can text you and you can walk me through it lol, although I'll know tomorrow if I have it set now how I want it. Then I won't ever touch it again, unless it defaults to factory settings when you disconnect the battery when I put my battery tender pig tail on in the near future.

I tried to open the hood on my daughter’s ‘21 Volvo XC 90. No idea, so I opened the glove box looking for the owner’s manual. Couldn’t find it. No wonder, because there isn’t one, at least not a printed in-car version. There is a digital owner’s manual buried in the infotainment touch screen. Now that’s annoying.

Granted, I ride a DL650 V Strom.
Old school.
But here is what I look at when I ride:
1: ahead down the direction of travel and all the surroundings.
2: rare glance at rpm, although I can just hear it.

Any other stuff I just goof around with when I am home or in my campsite.

I think my bike has a clock but the fuel guage is more important.

OK, I do look at the fuel gauge sometimes.
Sometimes

Well, today I rode it 168 miles round trip to have lunch with a riding buddy, mostly on the freeway at 75-80 mph. At some point, I needed to fill up to check to see if I got the Trip A Auto Reset off as desired. When it got down to 2 bars I found a gas station and topped off. Zeroed B (which I use to keep track of miles on a tank of gas) and then toggled to Trip A which was sitting at 83.3 miles ridden for the day so far. Here goes.... apprehensively I pull out of the station and head up the road and woohoo, it was still accumulating miles on Trip A as desired!, and Trip B was accumulating miles since the last fill up.

Thanks to mtnbiker1185 and 670cc for bringing that feature to my attention.

Trip A and Trip B are working how I want them, the flashy light bar thing is off and I'm back on miles/mph.

Life is good.

Ahhhhhh let's see, picked up the NC on June 22. 1st thousand miles down by July 19, second thousand down by today, August 7th. Not bad for sharing the garage. Just turned over 8,000 miles for the year on the 3 of them.

Big wheels keep on turnin' lol

Back