• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2012 Honda NC700X first ride- first impression

Reconrokon

Reaction score
Visit site
So I went out this evening for a ride. Only did about 65 miles, but got a good feel for the bike. Rode over to a friends house that recently bought a 2007 Yamaha 1700 Warrior and we went for a ride. After owning so many cruisers over the years, he is surprised I like this bike. My first impressions are good. The upright riding position is actually pretty comfortable. I took it on the highway for about a 10 mile run and got it up to 70mph. Pretty smooth ride, but the wind was crazy today and being a lighter bike, I felt it. when I got home my fingers were numb. Not sure if it was from them being cold or vibration in the bars. I installed new bar end weights (one was missing), so that's not the issue. I'm going to blame it on the temperature. The gas gauge barely moved so this is definitely the fuel efficient machine it's touted to be. The bike is very nimble and handles extremely well on all the different roads I put it on. Power delivery and torque are acceptable for my style of riding. Overall, a really interesting machine. Here's a couple pics of my bike with the Warrior.
2 bikes.jpg2bikes.jpg

Very different than a cruiser for sure. The upright (used to be standard) riding position really helps. Many many moons ago I had an OLD guy (he musta been at least 40) tell me that when you buy a bike if (with the bike supported obviously) you can let go of the handlebars and then stand up on the pegs you can ride that bike comfortabley all day. Ya can’t do it on a sport bike with rear sets, and you can’t do it on a cruiser with feet forward. It’s a pretty good rule of thumb. Glad you like the NC. They’re a great little all around machine, whether it’s crosstown or 500 miles downrange.

Generally the same first impressions I had. It's a perfect bike for my style, too, which is curvy stuff 35-50 mph AND tooling along at 75 on the highway. I immediately added grip puppies ($10 Amazon knocknoffs) and it made the grips so much more comfortable and presumably less vibration.

Glad you liked it. I much prefer an upright riding position. After a long hiatus from riding to raise a family I got a cruiser then another one before finding out what I like in a motorcycle. I'm glad the Shadow and VTX got me back into riding but I never wanted another one.

Glad you liked it. I much prefer an upright riding position. After a long hiatus from riding to raise a family I got a cruiser then another one before finding out what I like in a motorcycle. I'm glad the Shadow and VTX got me back into riding but I never wanted another one.
Dollar for dollar spent, the NC is a winner. Ride, dependability, mpg, DCT, low stress engine, a lot of bike for a great price.

Back