• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2012 Honda NC700X pair valve?

Reconrokon

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a 2012 Honda NC700X and just installed a after market slip on pipe. The bike was just way too quiet for my preference with the stock muffler. I rode it and it rides great and sounds great, but I did notice some popping on deceleration. Only popping on deceleration and it accelerates and idles fine. Everything I read before installing a aftermarket exhaust said the engine would not need a tuner or remap for just a slip on muffler. No check engine light on. I know some Honda's used a PAIR valve for emissions. Precision Air Injection Reed is what the acronym stands for I believe. It lets extra air enter the exhaust to help burn any excess fuel. I had a Honda Fury 1300 that would pop on decel due to the PAIR valves. Just wondering if the NC700 had the PAIR valves and could that be causing the popping?? Any info or insight much appreciated. Jay

No PAIR valve on the 2012 NC700X. With the lower cowl removed, the entire exhaust system is visible. With the exhaust leaving the cylinder head through a single outlet, you have an oxygen sensor, a catalytic converter, some pipe, and a muffler.

Screenshot (9).png

An aftermarket slip-on typically causes deceleration popping and cackling.

If no PAIR valve on your 2012, then perhaps extra air is entering the muffler through a loose connection to the link pipe?

I ran the bike today and there are no leaks in the entire exhaust system. I've researched it quite a bit and the consensus is that the popping on deceleration is normal with a free flowing aftermarket slip on exhaust mainly due to the extra air flowing through the pipe. The sound is great, so I am going to run it as is. Best regards, Jay

Back