• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013 NC700X DCT ABS front brake pad recommenation?

buster71

Reaction score
Visit site
2013 NC700X DCT - Just got a new set of tires and I figured while I was in there, I'd change out the brake pads. I'm a mechanical dunce, and first time doing it - was initially intimidated but it's so simple to do. I used Revzilla's compatibility function and bought EBC FA174V for the rear, which fit and work fine, and EBC FA196V for the front, which are very different than the existing pads. I should've taken the pads out before ordering to check, but I also realize the product pictures shown on Revzilla for these pads are incorrect. Anyway, since I don't really trust the compatibility matrix of the site anymore, can anyone suggest a set of front brake pads that you would consider a "good value". I don't want to cheap-out on them, but I don't need the best either. Say about US$40 or so. Bike is basically used for local errands and highway commutes. My riding style is "like a grandma".
1f601.png
. TIA.

The 2013 NC700X with linked ABS, along with the 2012 with linked ABS, are the only NCX models with three piston front brake calipers. All other NCX models have a two piston front caliper (unless someone modified it). It thus would not surprise me that an aftermarket vendor’s compatibility matrix could be in error.

I don’t know specifically what you want from the replacement pads, but I am 100% satisfied with the OEM Honda pads for street use, in terms of the feel and the longevity of the pads and the disks. (I have used EBC HH pads on another motorcycle, but I disliked them and removed them. To each their own). Unfortunately for owners of NCX three pot calipers, the somewhat unique Honda pads are a little pricey at $52.81, discounted.

306455-MGS-D81PAD SET, FR.$63.63 (list)$52.81

The 2013 NC700X with linked ABS, along with the 2012 with linked ABS, are the only NCX models with three piston front brake calipers. All other NCX models have a two piston front caliper (unless someone modified it). It thus would not surprise me that an aftermarket vendor’s compatibility matrix could be in error.

I don’t know specifically what you want from the replacement pads, but I am 100% satisfied with the OEM Honda pads for street use, in terms of the feel and the longevity of the pads and the disks. (I have used EBC HH pads on another motorcycle, but I disliked them and removed them. To each their own). Unfortunately for owners of NCX three pot calipers, the somewhat unique Honda pads are a little pricey at $52.81, discounted.

306455-MGS-D81PAD SET, FR.$63.63 (list)$52.81
AHhh, thanks for the info. No wonder the pads I pulled out were so much longer than the replacements I bought. Was wondering how the vendor could get it so wrong. LOL. I guess I will seek out OEM unless someone knows of a specific aftermarket pad that fits to 2013 DCT ABS. Thank you.

If you stick with EBC pads the ones with 388 in the number fit the 3 piston front caliper in 2012-2013 ABS bikes. HH pads are part number FA388HH. In the USA that means NC700XDs use this pad.

If you stick with EBC pads the ones with 388 in the number fit the 3 piston front caliper in 2012-2013 ABS bikes. HH pads are part number FA388HH. In the USA that means NC700XDs use this pad.
Sorry to re-open an old thread, but I'm very confused, and this the closest I've come to figuring out out.
I have a 2013 manual with 3 pot front calipers. FA388HH. Great. But is the rear different too? Would the part be FA174HH?
Any help would be appreciated.

Back