• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013 NC700X missing misc clips, screws, etc

RubyRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if in right categorty. I just picked up a used 2013 NC700X. It's my first bike and I love it so far. However I was putting on a battery tender and noticed there are some missing screws, clips and the like. It hasn't been an issue as far stuff flying off but I was considering taking it to a dealership and seeing if they could help me out. Should I just ignore them?

Try Babbitts on line fiche. takes a bit to get the parts, but you can find what you need. Many of the little shoulder bolts look the same, but vary in size. I always order a few extras to carry.

Not sure if in right categorty. I just picked up a used 2013 NC700X. It's my first bike and I love it so far. However I was putting on a battery tender and noticed there are some missing screws, clips and the like. It hasn't been an issue as far stuff flying off but I was considering taking it to a dealership and seeing if they could help me out. Should I just ignore them?
Everyone will have a different level of concern over fasteners being installed correctly or not. A dealer’s service tech will sometimes (usually?) not put aIl the fasteners back in the correct place. I insist that every fastener be present and in the right place, and once familiar with the bike, it’s easy to do. As drdubb said, those black shoulder screws holding panels on look the same, but the shoulder height and thread size varies, and each bolt has a specific place that it goes. Look at an on-line parts listing like Babbits, Procaliber, and many others and order the correct bolt and clip. The LAST thing I would do is take the bike to a dealer.

Example of an illustrated parts listing below:

5A6E4D2B-635E-4E01-BB46-4B1734412A75.jpeg

I personally use Rocky Mountain ATV & MC for my parts, but I have also used PartZilla and BikeBandit for OEM parts.

I have had a few escapees in my garage that haven't been located, but have been replaced. Most of the time it wasn't a big deal, but sometimes noises bothered me more than I'd like to admit. Ymmv

Well , did you replace them or not?.

Back