• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3648
  • Start date
It is a well-known issue and well-known recall, regardless of those websites. I got my notice in the mail last week for my 2014 NC700XD. I just need to make an appointment to get it swapped out. Yes, it will reset my mileage back to 0, but it will be a new unit.

The official letter I received calls it a "Product Update", and specifically states that, "The dealer will also apply a Notice of Odometer Repair decal to the frame as required by law"
I'll edit with a pic of mine as soon as I find my camera chord... :D

Either of you care to post a scan or pic of your letter?

So I just spent the last several hours trying to find definitive answers to the 2014 trip meter reset issue.
Well, you came to the right place for answers!

From the letter:

Honda Motor Co.,Ltd is conducting a Product Update Campaign to update the combination meter on all 2014 model year NC700X and NC700XD motorcycles. Honda will update the combination meter panel free of charge for parts and labor.

Will be bringing mine in for a new panel in July sometime....

Last edited:
I got my bike Dec 31, 2014, I only got the notice Monday. I did buy mine new. If you bought yours used, you may not receive the notice. Still, call your local Honda authorized dealer and tell them the issue and they will do the install. It will not cost anyone anything.

Threads were merged.

I got my bike Dec 31, 2014, I only got the notice Monday.
I bought my bike in April, 2014 and got my notice in December, 2014. Got a second notice a month ago wondering why I haven't brought the bike in for the recall....Apparently Honda doesn't realize where they are actually sending those notices ;-)

IMG_4867-M.jpg

Last edited:
I bought my bike in April, 2014 and got my notice in December, 2014. Got a second notice a month ago wondering why I haven't brought the bike in for the recall....Apparently Honda doesn't realize where they are actually sending those notices ;-)

IMG_4867-M.jpg

Same here, same second notice, same snow bound hell, only colder.

My 2012 NCX had its Speedo replaced at 5500 miles because it wouldn’t register neutral on light. Since then few problems till recently. It has 30k total miles and the speedo is inconsistent on lighting up at start. At night I notice it and may have to shutoff and restart a couple of times. Anyone else having an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pictures of the "Sticker?"

I'm looking at a 2014 this evening and would like to know what to look for??

Here ya go: The one photo is for context (sticker in bottom right), the other is a close-up. Perhaps check both sides of the frame there. Good luck!

b5b817b1fb068423b7cdabf6d797ce7d.jpg

c163637b423c357f88f42726f019f41f.jpg

Purchased the 2014 NC700X!

Speedometer was replaced prior to initial delivery in2016.

VIN number not involved in starter relay recall.

Happy new (used) NC700X owner!

The 2014 I bought last week doesn't have the sticker but I found it odd that with zero miles this 5 year old bike was never test ridden once. I may have bought a used bike & there's no way to know for sure.

Look for a punch mark below the weep hole on the bottom frame just before it connects to the steering head, right side.

My 2014 was a late 2016 new purchase. The speedometer was changed by the dealer before delivery.

When they did it this way, they punched a mark in the frame.

I learned this from my search on NC70O forum just before my recent purchase!

Great resource.

Look for a punch mark below the weep hole on the bottom frame just before it connects to the steering head, right side.

My 2014 was a late 2016 new purchase. The speedometer was changed by the dealer before delivery.

When they did it this way, they punched a mark in the frame.

I learned this from my search on NC70O forum just before my recent purchase!

Great resource.
Thanks. I didn't find a sticker but on the right side there's a small hole on the frame that attaches to the lower part the steering head. Is that the punched mark? I'll try to drop in a pic.
IMG_0215.JPG

Well the pic rotated counterclockwise 1/4th turn.

The hole is the weep hole, you'll find the same weep hole in the other side.

Then"punch" mark looks like someone took a center punch and punched a mark under the right side weep hole.

Obvious when you see it. It took me longer to find the weep hole!

The hole is the weep hole, you'll find the same weep hole in the other side.

Then"punch" mark looks like someone took a center punch and punched a mark under the right side weep hole.

Obvious when you see it. It took me longer to find the weep hole!

I took another look & no punch mark so it looks like they haven't switched out anything. I'm relieved, thought I may have gotten a used bike for a new bike price. I'll watch the trip meters & see if they reset. Thanks for your help.

I took another look & no punch mark so it looks like they haven't switched out anything. I'm relieved, thought I may have gotten a used bike for a new bike price. I'll watch the trip meters & see if they reset. Thanks for your help.

You should be able to type your VIN into the Honda recall website to see if your motorcycle is affected.

JT

Back