• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 Fork Seals and Oil Change (Update: Handlebar Alignment)

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a note to say my 2015 DCT final had a fork seal leak at almost 30,000 miles. It had been weeping for a bit and I tried cleaning the seal with a SealMate and other items. But finally needed to change it. used Dave's (DDuelin) most excellent illustrated instructions (https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/fork-oil-change.3748/) and also a very good YouTube vid
(
). It went well except that loosening the top pinch bolts at the head was a b**ch because I do not have a short allen wrench so getting in there was a PITA. Otherwise it was very straightforward.

Thanks Dave for the great instructions.

Last edited:
So were you able to use just the one bottle of fluid? Going by the book, it looks like I will have to use a full bottle (1L) and a fraction of another. I hate having a bunch of partial fluid bottles around. I end up throwing out what I don’t use, which is wasteful.

I’ll be doing my seals this weekend.

full bottle plus a little from a second (about 520 ml each fork). Kinda sux to have the left over (almost a full bottle) -- I would say I don't know why they don't sell the bottles in either single 550 ml bottles or a 1.5 liter bottle, but I think I know ($$).

first real ride on the bike after the fork seal replace, and I notice the handlebars are a tad misaligned. Never noticed that before so I'm assuming it's related to removing/replacing the forks. In reading various things and looking at YouTube, it seems I just need to slightly loosen the fasteners other than the lower tree bolts (the ones just below the beak), loosen the fender and front axle just a bit, then bounce the front suspension several times ... that's suppose to square things up. then retighten and torque everything back down.

Any thoughts?

My service manual says to bounce it like that before tightening everything. I’d also suggest checking all bolts after riding for a while just to make sure nothing comes loose.

Back