• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 NC700x Won't Lock

Skinnymoss

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive had my nc700x put away in my dads garage for the winter. I took it out about 2 weeks ago, I have yet to get it to lock. I turn the steering all the way to the left, and I am making sure to even use OEM key. Trust me, I have tried tilting a little to the right before I attempt to lock. Without bending my key or worse, any one have any suggestions?

I park outside currently and yes I live I safe neighborhood. I was going to put wd-40 or some oil in the key shaft, but wanted to see if other have had this issue?

Thanks!
-Abdul

Have the bars turned halfway towards the left. Put the key in the lock, then push it down, put counterclockwise pressure on the key while it is pressed in, rotate bars left. When your in the sweet spot the key will rotate to lock the bars.

On the bright side, at least it’s currently unlocked and you can ride the bike! A buddy of mine bought a leftover CB500F. After a few months, he went to unlock the steering. Could not. He had to have the dealer load up the bike and haul it in. They fixed it under warranty. I don’t know what the fix was, but it’s probably the same lock mechanism as on the NC, and most likely it froze up somehow.

Mine will not lock if the bars are all the way to the left. I have to back it off a bit to get it to lock.

It could also be a key/lock issue. I had a spare key cut and it didn't work all the time. Honda's key are sensitive to the 'tip to shoulder' distance. Perhaps some dirt or small debris got pushed into the lock mechanism. When the key is inserted and pressed down, it is depressing the lock internals a little too far and not allowing it to turn.

JT

Hi guys thanks for the reply.

Trying one more thing before ordering a new ingnition switch. I think it may be due to the fact that we all use the frunk. I have 3 keys . ( 2 copies , and one original... no luck) mind you I have had bikes for years and my NC has been locking fine for 2 years.

I’m thinking to order special WD-40 for electrical components, as a friend whos a moto mechanic (he lives in another state) he told me to spray the hell out of it, and insert the key 50+ times to flood with the Wd-40.

Might order another set of keys, to keep one in my jacket pocket JUST for the frunk only- to stop using the one for the ignition... ( to prevent bending).

On the bright side, at least it’s currently unlocked and you can ride the bike! A buddy of mine bought a leftover CB500F. After a few months, he went to unlock the steering. Could not. He had to have the dealer load up the bike and haul it in. They fixed it under warranty. I don’t know what the fix was, but it’s probably the same lock mechanism as on the NC, and most likely it froze up somehow.
Lol that’s actually awful! Glad atleast I can use it.. Park at home.

Back