• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traded it for this.
635449d0a8b659e7cba565778cef9633.jpg
ziggie,
What year, brand and model bike is that?
I don't recognize it.
Enjoy the ride!
Pismo

Pismocycleguy its a Yamaha vstar 950 I'm loving it.low and sleek,a lot of power.it has the beach handle bars that come back to me,back support seat, self cancel turn signals.I have 400 miles on it already.

Pismocycleguy its a Yamaha vstar 950 I'm loving it.low and sleek,a lot of power.it has the beach handle bars that come back to me,back support seat, self cancel turn signals.I have 400 miles on it already.
Very nice. I especially like the belt drive. No need for lubricating the chain, and minimal belt adjusting. Are you getting acclimatized to the big increase in horsepower? How about fuel mileage, how does it do?
The only drawback I can see is the increased weight.:( But it probably provides a smooth ride.
But you can probably flat foot this bike!:rolleyes:
Enjoy

Very nice. I especially like the belt drive. No need for lubricating the chain, and minimal belt adjusting. Are you getting acclimatized to the big increase in horsepower? How about fuel mileage, how does it do?
The only drawback I can see is the increased weight.:( But it probably provides a smooth ride.
But you can probably flat foot this bike!:rolleyes:
Enjoy
I doubt he will notice an increase in power, due to there is not an increase of HP. The Yamaha Vstar 950 has a listed 50 HP (dyno around 47hp) and weighs 615 lb Wet, without accessories. The vstar's power to weight ratio is bad compared to the NC700.

The weight is no problem it's center balance is good. The tight turns is what takes getting use to. I can tell the power change because I don't need to twist the grip as much and when I do it goes. I do like the smooth belt ride and like you said no lube or adjusting to mess with. It's also fule injected. Will and some bags and later a different pipe. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally installed a Pyramid Fenda Extenda and a pair of Triumph shock boots on my NC today! This forum and a service manual gave me the confidence to tackle the job. Thanks everyone!

I think that the shock boots might be my next big project after the 8,000 mile service.

Last edited:
Torque is the name of power

I doubt he will notice an increase in power, due to there is not an increase of HP. The Yamaha Vstar 950 has a listed 50 HP (dyno around 47hp) and weighs 615 lb Wet, without accessories. The vstar's power to weight ratio is bad compared to the NC700.
How about the torque to weight ratio? I'm sure that exceeds the NC700! That big displacement V-Twin must be putting out the power that matters!
It's probably like my VW diesel powered vehicle, low in the HP but super high in torque. No need to shift, just push on the accelerator.

Last edited:
How about the torque to weight ratio? I'm sure that exceeds the NC700! That big displacement V-Twin must be putting out the power that matters!
It's probably like my VW diesel powered vehicle, low in the HP but super high in torque. No need to shift, just push on the accelerator.

Would be close-Yamaha 950=615 lb with 58 lb/ft torque, NC700x=474 lb with 46 lb/ft of torque.

Those vstar 950 cruisers are nice looking cruisers.

From Friday:

img_3017.jpg

Friday after work I needed to run a few errands and stop by my parents’ house to pick up some paperwork. As they live in Prospect, I decided to take a different route home than I normally take and run down Wolf Pen Branch road. It is a zig-zag of a road in the north eastern part of Jefferson County on the outskirts of Louisville. There is a definite yin and yang of houses along this road as you head east. You can pass by a mufti-million dollar mansion and across from it will be barely a hovel. Well, I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye of a for sale sign and in the background this large white house in the middle of a field. Even from the road it looked abandoned. I turned around and turned in and decided to take a couple photos. Neat little find on the edge of a populated city.

This photo was taken from the rear of the house. I did not attempt to go inside, or get any closer to the house. I didn’t want to take any chances of setting off an alarm or getting hurt.

img_3016.jpg

I did nothing but wait for replacement front fender, windscreen, side cowl, mirror, bar end, slider and front and rear brake levers needed so I can get my bike back on the road. Stuck riding the CB1100. Could be worse.

I did nothing but wait for replacement front fender, windscreen, side cowl, mirror, bar end, slider and front yand rear brake levers needed so I can get my bike back on the road. Stuck riding the CB1100. Could be worse.

And that's a "bad thing"? :confused: Some might consider that an upgrade! :rolleyes: You could be back on your scooter? :(

Well, today I washed off the love bugs and bug-bugs that have accumulated. after I finished The ground had softened under the tires and the kick stand was on a tree root and it quietly fell over onto the right side. After checking and more checking for damage, (there seemed to be none) I straightened out the mirrors a bit. Then I got to looking at the chain and checked it for tension and alignment, (using a steel ruler as a straightedge), and found it loose and not aligned. I doubt it was from the fall. So I tightened the chain by 1/4 turn on the left side, and loosening the right side nearly a full turn or more to get it aligned. Test drove. I need to tweak mirrors better. That was my day. :)

After my extrmely rainy safety driving course on sunday I gave the bike a good wash and lost 2 nuts for the ram mount somewhere in the depths of the engine. I also painted my panniers from inside to stop the rub-off on everything, and last but not least fixed the relfective tape on the panniers. I may replace the yellow tape on them with white one in case it seems to irritate oncoming traffic...

We'll need photographic evidence.

thumb_IMG_2794_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_2791_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_2790_1024.jpg

Friend had the week off from school, going for nurse practitioner, so I took the day off to ride with him. He works weekends in the ER so he doesn't get to ride with company very often.

Met him Tuesday night at Wolf Pen Recreation Area on the Mulberry River.

DSCF0270.jpg
DSCF0271.jpg

Drizzled on us in the morning.

DSCF0273.jpg
DSCF0274.jpg

made for things to be a bit slippery

DSCF0278.jpg
DSCF0281.jpg

Sun came out by noon and things started to dry up.

DSCF0286.jpg

Got a flat on the front. Aired it up but couldn't find a leak. Thought maybe it was leaking around the rim. Road some more and went flat again. Aired up and headed back to the camp. Flat again. Aired up and then packed up my stuff and headed home. Had to stop and air up 3 times. Finally found the leak. Was a small slice in one of the TKC80 blocks. Must have road over something metal. The Ride-on was able to plug it as long as I wasn't going. Guessing the flexing was too much for it and there wasn't anything stuck in the tire so it was blowing through the slice. Plugged it and road on home without further problems.

Got the engine guards installed last night. Left work a little early, stopped at the dealership to order a manual, and took some pictures for the game of "Tag" in another thread.
>T

The Ride-on was able to plug it as long as I wasn't going. Guessing the flexing was too much for it and there wasn't anything stuck in the tire so it was blowing through the slice. Plugged it and road on home without further problems.
I was going to suggest using Ride-on until I got to this line. There are some things even it won't do. Glad the plug got you home. What type do you use?

attempting to replace rear stop/tail light and one of the Allen head screws will NOT undo ,I am reasonably competent and have good quality tools but either I am going to round it out or snap something ...charging drill now! . Wish these screws were on my grease list 3 years ago . Replacing with osram long life . Ah the joys of a ten minute job stretching into the future.
On the plus side rode out to a piece of beach nearby and found a whole bunch of sea kale...to those not sure what it is, its like a delicious broccoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back