• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swapped over to a 15T sprocket on my DCT. The pickup is quite a bit better and 6th gear now pulls on the highway. Drive mode is decidedly less "chuggy". I approve! If I had a manual it might make it an awfully quick 1st gear...but you could probably just take off in 2nd as well.

I swapped over to a 15T sprocket on my DCT. The pickup is quite a bit better and 6th gear now pulls on the highway. Drive mode is decidedly less "chuggy". I approve! If I had a manual it might make it an awfully quick 1st gear...but you could probably just take off in 2nd as well.

let us no if this has any affect on mpg please.

Today I received and installed the 13"x13" beadrider seat cover. I am hopeful it gives me a little more comfort than the stock seat. Maybe better in hot weather also.........

I think you will love the BeadRider.
I do.
It makes the ride MUCH more comfortable by allowing air to pass under your butt, keeping everything cooler and drier and thereby not getting your panties in a bunch.:)

Getting 4k mile service done as the last stepping stone for my trip starting Wednesday. Nothing epic, only 5 days, but it will be my longest in both miles and time away. I can't wait for Wednesday morning. Take off is 8am. Landing in Hampton, TN 7 hours later.

Getting 4k mile service done as the last stepping stone for my trip starting Wednesday. Nothing epic, only 5 days, but it will be my longest in both miles and time away. I can't wait for Wednesday morning. Take off is 8am. Landing in Hampton, TN 7 hours later.

Have fun on Black Beauty. Really like your bike. I do like riding in TN.

I met up with 100 plus fellow NER (New England Riders)folks for hotdogs and fun at a meet and greet, then 48 of us did a little 70 mile ride for ice cream. I love the way they do group rides, it gets broken down into groups of 6 bikes with a leader for each that has the route on GPS, and a sweep for each group with communication with group leader if possible. Then they put the fastest riders in the first groups and slower riders in last groups and stagger each groups start by 5 minutes so you are really only in a small group, except at rest stops and food stops.

Installed TCI skid plate today. It seems of a good quality and design, the only disappointment was that bolts and nuts provided where too long and with 13 mm head. I reused original bolts on the frame and exhaust hanger and found some 14 mm from my spares for one side. I do not want to carry 13 mm head and spanner in my toolkit only to take the plate off. At least the hex ones were 5 mm .. Now I can take it off the pavement ..

TCI_skidplate.jpg

Installed a Puig windscreen this AM. Like the look, doesn't look out of place.

Made a quick 400 mi ride to visit with some family, came home and replaced my front tire.

IMAG0922.jpg

Out with the PR3 with 15,467 miles.

IMAG0926.jpg

and on with a fresh Conti Motion.

Probably could have squeezed a few more local miles out of the PR3, but have a trip coming up in a few weeks and wanted to get a feel for the Conti first. I've liked the rear Conti, so thought I'd give it a shot -- price is definitely right. Looking forward to trying it out.

For fun's sake, here are my tire records over the last ~41k miles:

OEM Bridgestone BT-023 - 7,936 miles (admittedly could've done more miles, I just didn't like them :p)

PR3 Rear - 11,213 miles

PR3 Front - 15,467 miles

Pirelli Angel GT Rear - 6,849 miles (that was disappointing)

PR4 Rear - 10,680 miles

PR4 Front - 17,529 miles

Current mileage on Conti Motion Rear - 4,254 miles and it looks great at this point.

YMMV, literally :p

trey

My replacement slider, front and rear brake levers, mirror, Madstad side deflector, and silver side cowl covers have come in. Still waiting for a front fender and bar ends. Also expecting a Dimotiv sprocket cover by Wednesday to add addition bling to my battered bike.

If the silver cowl covers (used to hide scratches) look too weird on my black bike I'll paint them.

IMG_0014.jpg

Installed new Knight Design pegs... more than an inch lower (I'm tall... standing on the pegs and general riding position is improved.)
32828721f6386da83600f3031d5d02ab.jpg

I looked at the link and the ones pictured don't look like the ones you mounted? I would like the wider pegs you show.

First oil change on Skookum (nc700x DCT). Clean and neat. Old oil out - new filters - new oil in. Went very smoothly.....

Right up until I found the crush washer in the bottom of the catch basin with the old oil. Unscrew the drain bolt.... Quick - put your thumb in the dike.... Fit the washer on the drain bolt with your other hand... Get the bolt started in the drain. Wipe hands.... Button her up.

Damn. I used to think I was a fairly bright guy. Getting old is not for sissies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back