• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 Dakar

• Thread starter Deleted member 1183
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1183

The Great Race is only 3 weeks away. A member on my KTM forum posted a link as follows.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-mpYiWK3yU

It gives a great insight to what it is all about and this one was from 2006 when Boorman attempted it. Well worth watching so get a couple of beers and settle in. The Wife and myself spent the last two evenings doing so. There are seven episodes of about 45 minutes each. Don't skip any of them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new found appreciation for this after watching the full 7 parts. I was in Bolivia and saw some of left overs in the salt flats.

I will be trail riding with one of our former Irish participants on Sunday. He completed an African Dakar on a CCM, many years ago. I have huge respect for him. He broke his back almost 18 months ago on a motocross course, and guess what ? He is back trail riding again.

It takes a special type of person to finish the Dakar. Pavey has done it several times and did so with his Son again last year. He is no spring chicken. I am not sure if Borman would have finished it, even if he was in the full of his health.

Good that y'all are enjoying the link.

Back