• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question 2016 NM4 -- 23,800 Miles -- Question

WirelessMaven

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings I am new to the NM4 group -- was looking at getting one of these bikes - a 2016 with almost 24,000 miles. Question, how solid are these engines? If the bike has been maintained well, how long can they go before any major issues?
Is getting a 24,000 mile around $6500 a good investment - again assuming this bile was well maintained, serviced etc.? Thanks for your thoughts.

Not sure on the NM4 market pricing, but that would be high for a NC700X or CTX700, which both are pretty much the same bikes aside from cosmetic differences. I'm sure market price on the NM4 is higher because there aren't as many out there. And of course MSRP was a couple grand higher than the other 2 bikes.

The engines are solid, just as most any other thing Honda builds is. 24k isn't low miles, but I wouldn't consider it high miles either.

As for a good investment, the NM4 market is much more niche than the other 2 bikes mentioned above. Not many folks out there looking for those futuristic styled bikes, so reselling might be difficult. But then again, it might not since they seem to be somewhat rare to see for sale because not as many were sold as the other 2 bikes. All depends on how badly you want one. If that's what your heart is set on, it might just be worth it.

Not sure on the NM4 market pricing, but that would be high for a NC700X or CTX700, which both are pretty much the same bikes aside from cosmetic differences. I'm sure market price on the NM4 is higher because there aren't as many out there. And of course MSRP was a couple grand higher than the other 2 bikes.

The engines are solid, just as most any other thing Honda builds is. 24k isn't low miles, but I wouldn't consider it high miles either.

As for a good investment, the NM4 market is much more niche than the other 2 bikes mentioned above. Not many folks out there looking for those futuristic styled bikes, so reselling might be difficult. But then again, it might not since they seem to be somewhat rare to see for sale because not as many were sold as the other 2 bikes. All depends on how badly you want one. If that's what your heart is set on, it might just be worth it.
Many thanks, appreciate your thoughts!

Very difficult to assess value to this bike. Honda reportedly only brought 1000 of them into the USA in 2014 and the design is polarizing with people loving it or wondering why Honda did this to a motorcycle. Honda does things like the NM4 because they can afford to take risks that other manufacturers can't or won't.

The mechanicals are solid and a 24,000 mile Honda is not what I consider high mileage but how well the bike was cared for mechanically and cosmetically mean everything. Does the bike come with service records?

Very difficult to assess value to this bike. Honda reportedly only brought 1000 of them into the USA in 2014 and the design is polarizing with people loving it or wondering why Honda did this to a motorcycle. Honda does things like the NM4 because they can afford to take risks that other manufacturers can't or won't.

The mechanicals are solid and a 24,000 mile Honda is not what I consider high mileage but how well the bike was cared for mechanically and cosmetically mean everything. Does the bike come with service records?
Sorry for departing from the post topic but there are at least two of the NM4s here in Lee County, Florida.

Many thanks for the insight, appreciate it!
Not much insight but the two I know of are LCSO Deputies. They ride to work nearly every day. Not saying they never had a problem but sure did not seem that they did. That's all I can offer. I thought it was a little remarkable with only 1k here in the USA that I knew of two (now maybe 3).

Back