• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 Prices Revealed!

$8009 looks like a misprint. But, whatever, if the difference for DCT is only $500, that's a change in marketing approach from 2012, where the DCT cost a whopping $2000 more than the manual. Honda blew it on the 2012 pricing.

I have a hard time believing you get ABS and DCT for $500.

Last edited:
In Canada price for a NC750 is:
8999 for the manual
9999 for the DCT
1000 $ cad converted in USD is 715 $
It's all about marketing the DCT I think...
And it is a good idea from Honda I believe...

$8009 looks like a misprint. But, whatever, if the difference for DCT is only $500, that's a change in marketing approach from 2012, where the DCT cost a whopping $2000 more than the manual. Honda blew it on the 2012 pricing.

here is the link from Honda US -> https://powersports.honda.com/2015/nc700x/build.aspx check the ABS DCT option and see the price changes to 8099. Enjoy :)

P.S: I actually paid slightly less for my brand new 2015 NC700XD (DCT)

Yup it was a misprint in the article. It's good to know the price is the same. Now dealers will have to come down even more on the price of new old-stock 2014 and 2015 models...

Good or bad I don't know but I just paid 6850.00 +tax,tittle, license. No other fees, 2015 DCT. This was ordered in from the CA warehouse took two weeks to get it. Not in dealer stock. Honda are obviously helping the dealers to get rid of the 2015s before the 16s are here. While the new bikes have improvments no doubt, not worth the bucks to me. Normally here on new bike the dealers charge setup and shipping on top of MSRP. So a 2016 will likely be $9000 plus TTL

And VFR1200x DCT vs Non is only $400.

So I'm pretty sure the difference is legit for the NC...and not a misprint.

$8009 is a misprint in the aforementioned article. Honda site now shows pricing, and DCT is $8099.

This is a huge improvement over 2012 DCT pricing of $8999. Honda, in 2012, must have overestimated the public demand for DCT.

Honda, in 2012, must have overestimated the public demand for DCT.

My research while I shopping around this winter I learned the exact opposite. Honda UNDERestimated DCT demand of this model as they easily out sold the manuals.

Higher volume often means lower cost, but who can say if that's what happened here.

Regardless, Honda played their cards brilliantly to keep sales of DCT high across their line up where DCT is an option.

Last edited:
In Canada price for a NC750 is:
8999 for the manual
9999 for the DCT
1000 $ cad converted in USD is 715 $
It's all about marketing the DCT I think...
And it is a good idea from Honda I believe...

I missed this the first time, Looks like we finally get a DCT option. I've been curious about them since getting a bike and reading this forum.

Honda UNDERestimated DCT demand of this model as they easily out sold the manuals.

While I don't have actual sales figures, our local poll would not suggest that DCT "easily outsold the manuals". http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/3817-poll-dct-standard-what-do-you-have-what-do-you-want-3.html

My point is that Honda must have expected customers to place a high value on DCT in 2012, since they asked a $2000 premium. It must not have gone well, since in the following year, 2013, the premium for DCT was only $1000. Now in 2016 you can have a DCT/ABS by paying a mere $600 more. What's next, get DCT or manual for the same price?

Last edited:
When I talked to my dealer sales rep. last week, she told me that to her surprise the DTC is now the best mover in both the NC7 and the Africa Twin. What really surpised her is that her boss, is now ordering a Africa Twin DCT for himself and his son. Both these guys are dirt before road riders! To me it shows that the general motorcycle riding popuation has now excepted the DCT, because this dealership is one of the high volume big boys with Honda.

While I don't have actual sales figures, our local poll would not suggest that DCT "easily outsold the manuals". http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/3817-poll-dct-standard-what-do-you-have-what-do-you-want-3.html

Personally I only needed to hear it from my preferred dealer to believe it, but two other standard sales guys at 2 other dealers in the area said the same very same thing.

Sure that might mean local only, may be regional at best, but Milwaukee (and Wisconsin) has a very old school mentality in general. If DCT sold better here, it probably sold better practically everywhere! ;)

We follow the lead of Europe where DCTs have outsold manual versions of so-equipped Hondas for several years. Still, glad to see it gaining wider acceptance here as well.

the DCT is a great option. I am glad that is now cheaper. with time I hope this type of option become a standard option for all honda bikes. With time and acceptance from the market that product can be made better. and someday DCT will be an option for a lot more bikes.

Riding should not be so complicated. I think the DCT does make thing simpler for many rider not wanting to deal with a clutch.

There have been so many glowing reviews of the Africa Twin with test riders saying how surprised they were at how much they liked the DCT - many of them old-school guys who had to admit how well the DCT worked in spite of their initial resistance to it - maybe that has sparked some curiosity and people are willing to try it now.

I'm kind of surprised that Honda hasn't yet offered DCT for the Goldwing. Seems like that option on a big tourer like the Goldwing would be a great matching.

I'm kind of surprised that Honda hasn't yet offered DCT for the Goldwing. Seems like that option on a big tourer like the Goldwing would be a great matching.

I fully expect that to be coming. On the current model, packaging DCT into the existing gearcase is probably impossible, but someday when the (now 16 year old) GL1800 gets replaced, I expect to see it have DCT. I would also not be surprised if it was offered standard with DCT, with a manual transmission not even being an option.

The only real challenge is where to add yet more buttons on the handlebars.

Back