• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the recommendations on this forum, I ordered some 1111FZ arms and a TMS top case. I'm going to install them today, and probably figure out how to attach the topcase rack to the GIVI FZ over the weekend! Finally gonna be able to my helmet, a jacket, and spare shoes for work! :D
Getting setup for comfort and safety awesome

I received my new Battle Born Adventure Jacket.
It seems to be an improvement over my really old Joe Rocket textile jacket.
I'm 6'4" and weigh around 245 lbs. The XL fits but I don't want to gain a lot of weight.

Finished my 'farkling' on the NC700X for a while...So now she has Soupy links, Tusk handguards, Fenda Extenda, Altrider skidplate, Givi crashbars. Also adjusted factory touring screen with longer bolts and 3/4" spacers and leveled my seat by removing rear rubber pads. Only things left are better tires when my Pirelli's wear out, wider foot pegs and highway pegs. That is until I decide to get an Africa Twin or a 250 cc dual sport. Then I will take all that crap off, return it to stock and sell it or keep it for the hard top....where it really shines.

Celebrating four years of NC700X ownership today!

I bought mine July 28, 2012. This was about 1 week after the NC first became available for purchase in the United States. I have not grown tired of it at all. My only regret was in not waiting a few months for used ones to become available and buy used instead. I just didn't expect some people to buy them and then turn around and sell so quickly. As for me, I knew it was what I wanted then, and it still is.

Today I get my tool tubes from Twisted Throttle, plus a bunch of motocamping gear from Amazon. (Going to the CADVR rally in August...)

I bought two of the small tool tubes and one of the larger ones. I'm not sure if the large one will fit. They'll go in that usual space inside the givi rack. I need to find some way of attaching them so they don't fall off.

Oh and I tried the suggestion of moving the AirHawk seat up closer to the frunk and that didn't seem too bad although I haven't ridden with it yet.

I need to find some way of attaching it so it doesn't fall off. :)

Yesterday I rode 218 miles with about 20 of that on gravel. Rode through the Catoosa Wildlife Area above Crossville, TN. Road in there once before but could only ride a few miles due to Turkey Season and hunting. Got 77.4 mpg with quite a few miles of that running the interstate. Today, I have ridden about 60 miles so far running errands. I guess this afternoon I'll push it into the front yard and give it a hosing down to remove some of yesterday's dust before I ride with a group Saturday. Love it now with my new C-Bow Street bags.

Also if it is slightly forward part of your rear can hang off the back, which fixes the slope.

Picked up some used Givi monokey racks for $40 and got my JISU in the mail in about 5 days from HK (some kind of world record, I'm sure). Here's both installed:
6337fca12da53b59a8db0af6f0fea395.jpg

I rode over to Neosho, Missouri. I saw a road on google marked "Old Scenic Road" and had to check it out. It is fun, though the road surface is a little unpredictable. I came home on Route 66, always worth riding in the summer to meet foreign tourists. Two nice couples from Holland were at the Marsh Arch bridge north of Baxter Springs, Kansas.

changed brake fluid

35147d1b80cc79abeb5aa8dbfbb05f35.jpg

added tool tubes (gas in the left, tools in the right.

bb751541f6de21658048c1fda3e3de8e.jpg

packed ready to go: dallas to co, wy, idaho then to sturgis sd.

d1f15d1867ae93b6c2522cf254b721a1.jpg

18449dce47f20ef94f0df9cf7169714e.jpg

5b8725ed155006a8edbd57c708905e71.jpg

I rode over to Neosho, Missouri. I saw a road on google marked "Old Scenic Road" and had to check it out. It is fun, though the road surface is a little unpredictable. I came home on Route 66, always worth riding in the summer to meet foreign tourists. Two nice couples from Holland were at the Marsh Arch bridge north of Baxter Springs, Kansas.

I love the Old Scenic Road!!!

You were in my neck of the woods! We really need to get together for a ride.

pWzHmKB.jpg

out with the old (left), in with the new (right)! This should derestrict my bike and raise the output from 35KW to 38KW. I don't have a dyno but I did do a top speed test after I made sure it was still running ok, and it seems a bit faster now up top than it was before. I went down a stretch of autobahn and managed 188kmh one way, 190kmh the other way, and if I recall correctly the best speed I ever had before was 185kmh and that was with some tailwind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back