• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A new year, a new thread!

Happy New year. I tried to fit a spilt Stebel Nautilus into the fake air duct and failed. I just can't get it to fit and attach it to my liking...

I did manage to fit a fuzeblock into the left fake air duct, now just waiting for the 4 pin plug to arrive and I will then button it all back up again.

I also lost a push pin in the bowels on the right side when I was putting the Tupperware back on.

I joined in our traditional Penguin Ride today. 193 miles mostly in pouring rain. Mostly BMWs (BMW of NE Florida club ride) but there is a couple Hondas in the line. Can you pick them out?

Installed LaminarLip TopCase

A while back Laminarlip was looking for some beta testers to evaluate their rigid, locking topcase for use on any motorcycle. It was not specifically designed for any particular bike. The buyer would have to figure out a way to mount it on their own bike. I purchased one and then went about trying to figure out a way to mount it on my NC700X. I finally ended up fabricating a mounting bracket to use on my SW Motech rear rack. I really like the locking and security feature of this topcase in comparison to the soft tailbags I have previously been using on my bikes.
The reason I am posting now is that I just finally mounted it on my bike. :rolleyes: It was a postponed farkle. :p
Im attaching a few photos to show what it looks like. :D
IMG_0474.jpgIMG_0476.jpgIMG_0478.jpg

Just got back from a 70 mile pleasure ride with some freeway riding but mostly back roads and surface streets. Since I recently installed a Leo Vince pipe my mileage has dropped from about 65mpg to about 55mpg and I knew that the drop was due my heavier throttle hand just to hear the exhaust so today I took it easy, did mostly manual shifting and did the 70 miles on one gallon of gas. This bike is amazing. The temperature was in the mid 40s today (I know, not cold for many parts of the country but for us Californians that's chilly) and when I got off the freeway to stop for a drink my hands were frozen so I held them against the exhaust pipe for a little while and it worked like a charm.

Rode to the Overlook Inn in Leavenworth IN to get some lunch with some ADV guys and ride with some friends. It was a brisk start, 33 at 9am, but the ride home was great, at 39. It was like a heat wave. Good seeing you again, David.

img_0408.jpg

img_0409.jpg

Last edited:
Sur-Muscat Ride

Today, being a holiday and excellent weather, had a ride on my NC700S of 500 kms, from Sur to Muscat, along the picturesque coastal highway. Did the ride in 6 1/2 hours including lunch and coffee breaks. Enjoyed the ride.

Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 7.39.53 PM.jpgIMG_5419.jpg

My Bike:

NC700S, 2012

Accessories on board:puig Screen, Kijima Engine Guard, Kuryakyn Highway pegs, Givi Top Case with back rest for wifey, SW-Mototech Saddle bags (with straps below the pillion seat, no issues), Vibranators for the handle bars and Crampbuster for the throttle (Being an Orthopaedic Surgeon, cannot afford any side effects of vibrations on my hands:) and no harleys or v-twins for me)
Top Sellerie Seat.

Previous Bike: Royal Enfield Bullet

Well no rides or farkling for me today. Just plugged the battery tender in. I do have an A.T.G.A.T.T. for y'all though...
All
The
Greetings
All
The
Time:).

Today I finished installing the rest of my mods. In December I got the following: Corbin seat, Danmoto Jisu exhaust, Zero Gravity windshield, and I lowered the bike 1.5 inches. I would say it's about perfect for me now.

5e6031a74ff708abc40ccac357abaeae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, being a holiday and excellent weather, had a ride on my NC700S of 500 kms, from Sur to Muscat, along the picturesque coastal highway. Did the ride in 6 1/2 hours including lunch and coffee breaks. Enjoyed the ride.

Vibranators for the handle bars and Crampbuster for the throttle (Being an Orthopaedic Surgeon, cannot afford any side effects of vibrations on my hands:) and no harleys or v-twins for me)

Previous Bike: Royal Enfield Bullet

How did you tolerate the Royal Enfield if your "allergic" to vibrations?
Great ride and scenery. What was the ambient temperature?
Happy New Year!

Did my New Year Day ride that I missed yesterday....

Two videos I put together today. One is a review of this year (kinda) and the other is a quick short of the 11 miles along US129, aka Tail of the Dragon.

Year in Review (shot on my iPhone 6S+, 1080 @ 60fps, love the smoothness, however youtube compression killed the HD part...)
[video=youtube;Fjv-JtfuLYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjv-JtfuLYQ[/video]

Tail of the Dragon (make sure to hit the HD) Shot on the Sena 10C
[video=vimeo;150558070]https://vimeo.com/150558070[/video]

I put my NC into hibernation today, for a few weeks. In a couple of days I will drop the forks out of it and despatch them to my Wilbers Tech to get Andreanis fitted. In the meantime I will have to put up with my heavy old Triumph 1200 Explorer. I don't know how I will cope......... :D

I installed a GearBrake Module on NaNCy last night. The installation was not conventional as the unit I ordered was supposed to be for a 2014-2016 NC700X, however the connectors provided were not the same nor compatible, so I could not perform the installation as first desired.

Rather than hassle with returning the unit, I decided to make my own cable assembly using the OEM Bulb Socket Assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 932
Status
Not open for further replies.