• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a similar experience a few weeks ago. Leaving a truck stop and my rear end was wobbling around, I thought I had a flat. Looked ahead and fuel was sloshing out of the tank of a box truck just ahead of me. Moved over a lane and all was good.

Took out the bikes for a run today to break in the new PR4s. I was surprised how good a new set of tires felt on the bike. I don't know if these are that much better than new stock tires or just a lot better than worn tires. But there was a big difference. Did a shorter ride than planned of about 130 miles. We wore the mesh gear today, it would have been better with the all weather gear.

I put highway pegs on and went for a ride. Now I'm a cruiser style rider muhaha...

dad4ccfb780d098beeffe03a496d87b7.jpg

ee85e4fee5cf414d78c7aa4e7013d142.jpg

3f359824e6f626fd7c8c13ff4efcac45.jpg

2acd1c4279aa950c2463adab14846e45.jpg

These are the MFW clamp ons from Twisted Throttle.

Put a new Shinko 016 Verge on the back to replace to 011 Verge that was starting to show some cord at a little over 9,500 miles. The stock Metzler was shot at about 7,300 miles.

Got the forks put back in today. They'd been to Honda for a rebuild (new bushings, SKF low-stiction seals, and of course new oil). That plus the new shock (Hyperpro) and the bike feels great! It's pushing on 110 today, so all I did was ride it part way around the section (1 sq. mi.), but it's plush and nice once again!

I'll have to see about getting the mold release off the new Angel GT rear tire early tomorrow AM, hopefully before it gets above 90. :)

They are great for long days. Allows many seating positions

I also get more precious Harley Davidson waves when I ride by them with my feet up... I can put the soles of my boots on them with bent knees or my favorite, sit with my legs fully extended. Now with the throttle lock I can almost take a nap...

Wired up the Honda accessory harness and relay on my 2016. I macgyvered the connectors for my GPS (Zumo 550) using mini spade female connectors while I wait for the proper snap-in connector to ship. I’m obviously not as good as the factory installing the tupperware (most of the left side plastics from the seat to the front headlight have to be removed), but I’ll get another chance when I put in the powerlet outlet and cigarette socket later.

I’m also putting on Givi V35 sidecases, but I think I need some welding work done to the Givi rear seat connector plates to clear the rear seat plastics.

Had my new PR3s mounted and balanced. Cleaned, lubed and checked the free play on the chain. Will test out the tires tomorrow morning.

Here is a picture of what my NC700X looked like while I ran off to the get the tires done.
20160709_125644.jpg

I have the PR3's with about 7000 miles on them. I think they are the best tires I have ever had on any bike I have owned over the last 12 years. I've been riding much more dirt this summer and I think the tires are just fine. Of course I don't know any better never having had knobbies on this bike.

I rode most of the route of this Poker Run to check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/250332572018952/?ti=icl

It became pretty hot in the afternoon, the humidity was horrible.

I wore my motoskivvies, had the new Sargent seat, AND the Airhawk R.
I guess I am not very tough, because it took all three to be comfortable.

I need to get some of those highway pegs.

Today I took the MSF Advanced RiderCourse!

5 hours of riding in the morning, 3 hours of classroom stuff after lunch.

It's in a parking lot with lines, cones and paint markings just like the BRC. There's no introduction, it's assumed you know how to ride and have your license.

A lot of overlap with BRC, offset cone weave, emergency braking, basic curve circuit. No friction zone exercises, box figure 8's, or tight U turns, and no 'test.'

Some of the stuff that's different than BRC:

We did full braking emergency stops, then took off and swerved and stopped again. I think that was to simulate a quick stop in traffic where the car behind you doesn't know what's going on and you need to move out of the way quick (lane split) so that he can run into the car in front of you and not your bike. The DCT made this awesomely easy always in the right gear, never stalling. I was in S3 mode for most of the day.

We did swerving and braking while leaned over in a curve. Ride around in a tight circle (think interstate ramp radius) marked by cones, and there's an obstacle to go around, either inside (tighten the turn, rear brake) or outside (widen the turn), and also slowing while leaned over (trail braking.)

We did decreasing radius turns, a bunch of cones setup so that the riding path is 3 curve spiral with a different radius of each and we had to smoothly link the turns.

Classroom was just the usual stuff, a lot of discussion of advanced riding body positioning, knee-down 'race' type stuff, countering etc... and management of traction stuff you'd find in Total Control or Proficient Motorcycling.

Worth the $125.00 for the feedback and discussion with the RiderCoach who has a lot of track experience and did all the demos on a Gixxer :)

It was quite the mishmash of bikes, a Ninja 500, a CTX700, Suzuki C50, Silverwing Scooter, big *** HD, a Shadow and of course my NC700.
The cruisers were scraping floorboards and one lady dropped hers on an emergency stop. :)

I want to do the Advanced course as well. Around here, the date for this year is on a time I am out of town. May just do it in Indiana instead. Need to look further into it, however.

We rode through the valley into the foothills for lunch, and then back through the valley home while temps are still only in the upper 80s F.
About 220 miles total. :cool:

First ride in a month. Got other hand operated on, no more numbness. Gassed up (64 mpg on last tank) and off to work. Front brake felt "off" on the trip home. Both fork seals leaking badly, oil everywhere. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back