• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpgIt was a cool afternoon after the rain, so I rode up to Joplin to see the flag transfer on the Nation of Patriots tour. They leave Joplin for Mulvane, Kansas about 8 a.m. tomorrow.
Error | Photobucket

I guess I do not really know how to use photobucket.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/RHCjr/embed/slideshow/Nation%20of%20Patriots"></iframe>

Last edited:
It was a cool afternoon after the rain, so I rode up to Joplin to see the flag transfer on the Nation of Patriots tour. They leave Joplin for Mulvane, Kansas about 8 a.m. tomorrow.
Error | Photobucket

I guess I do not really know how to use photobucket.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/RHCjr/embed/slideshow/Nation%20of%20Patriots"></iframe>

Here ya go.

flag.jpg

I put on my Lowering link which dropped it down about an inch, installed my $50 Tusk Dflex hand guards and went for a 90 mile test ride. I'm pretty happy with the handguards, the instructions said to put them 10 degrees lower than level which is interesting. Most guards that I've seen look level... but lowering them that amount allows them to touch down correctly and give more protection I guess. Lowering the bike had 2 effects in addition to the obvious, the wind noise went way down on my factory touring screen and the rear end softened up. I actually turned around on my street and added in quite a lot of preload before leaving. The cornering is still great and it feels more solid in the high winds we had today. Also ordered the Altrider skid plate when I got home because of the lowering. Now have to decide whether to get engine guards or Shinko 705's next. Lots of life on my Pirellis but they don't inspire confidence on the dirt roads.

Caught some Pokemon
517469ee11a7c1cf0f4b84e9bb17ea2e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fitted a top of the range Wilbers rear shock plus Racetech Gold Valves with air assist in the front. Raining constantly here today so only went for a 20 minute ride but it feels a lot better on our rough Australian roads. Will post some photos and more details in the next few days.

Cheers - Ron.

Got the brake pads off the bike, and they need replacing like mad. Gonna get them ordered and put in this week, I hope. Looks like a puzzle to me, so here's to hoping they just slide on in.

Got the brake pads off the bike, and they need replacing like mad. Gonna get them ordered and put in this week, I hope. Looks like a puzzle to me, so here's to hoping they just slide on in.

Riding frequently in dirt and muddy conditions can increase the wear by a huge margin- it can be an eye opener sometimes alright! :eek:

I'm too busy riding to research or order farkles. Since I got my NC700X a week ago I rode somwhat more than a thousand miles in 4 days at a variety of speeds from 10 mph stretches to 90 mph stretches, with lots of wind and gusting and strong inclines and weather. My lowest fuel economy refill was 70.4 miles per gallon, and my highest was 79.9 miles per gallon, with the others falling squarely in between.

Here's up by the Canadian border near Glacier NP's Chief Mountain. In spite of the sports touring tires I've been playing around with off-road activities. I took some routes used by free range cattle when they aren't out on the highway trying to wreck vehicles.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/28918614505/in/album-72157671403283132/

28918614505_59ce058a26_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, I rode a 360 mile loop to check out a dive of a biker bar called Kelly's. Me and my buddy hit 8 different twisty canyon roads in this one loop. Utah has some awesome roads!
94e0cea7f5a35c9b3ab21b6a16d1aa49.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back