• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my new brake pads installed and took it for a test ride around the neighborhood and then was gonna hit the store, until a storm came in early and soaked me. All good, nothing electronic to worry about (was all in the frunk, anyway).

Got my new brake pads installed and took it for a test ride around the neighborhood and then was gonna hit the store, until a storm came in early and soaked me. All good, nothing electronic to worry about (was all in the frunk, anyway).

They go in with minimal fuss and bother for you? They should have, hopefully. :)

They go in with minimal fuss and bother for you? They should have, hopefully. :)

For the most part, yes. once I was able to visualize where everything fit in on the top. once they got to the proper slot, the bottom slid in perfectly. Total, maybe 15 minutes, with 10 of it screwing around and the other 5 to actually fir them properly.

DSCF1883-P_zps3yn8homa.jpg

I rode to town when it cooled off a little and caught some Pokemon.
I found a spot between two churches. Both churches are Pokespots and you can hit both from one spot.

I found a gym, but I am only level four, so not ready to fight.

Rode to work and back...haven't done much with it since I took it to the BYOB rally a month ago. I've been screwing around with my '84 wing, that gets new fork seals saturday. If I have time, and the sun doesn't melt me, I'll install the NCX racetec gold valves.

How's the tread on your rear tire?

Still have some, fine til it isn't ; }... Have no idea what to expect. But my next set is going to be something like Mitas E-07, just a bit more FS and gravel oriented but hopefully with near the longevity I get with those on my Tubliss-equipped WR250R...

New saddlebags and mounts arrived late yesterday afternoon so I immediately opened my Christmas package and put them on. Easy job. They are formed soft bags and I believe made in England but found a company in VA that handles them. Will get all the info and post. Haven't learned to put pics on this forum. I rode it 87 miles in the Smoky Mtn. National Park yesterday taking pics. Rode it a short bit today with new bags. Really like them and they are full already.

Colorado!

I got back from a 2,400 mile Colorado road trip.

Entering Colorado
Col1.jpg

Somewhere on Highway 92
Col2.jpg

Lake Granby
Col3.jpg

Hitchhiker on Trail Ridge (Rocky Mountain National Park)
Col4.jpg

Top of Pikes Peak
Col5.jpg

Yesterday I got my Wolfman Dry Bag to compliment the Givi boxes. Figured out how to strap it on the pillion seat with the least amount of hassle to gas up.

Rode up to the Wolf River area to do some tubing with friends. About 100 miles up there in dense fog in the morning, and 100 miles back in the pouring rain at night. Everything that was supposed to stay dry did. :)

48b0456bf08858d813d20eda6be1bdd5.jpg

Glaubenberg.

First ride after she is back from "major" repairs.
New timing chain and assembly.
Valves adjusted and all new fluids.
Runs like brand new.
15 545km.

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

Installed some MFW footpegs this weekend on my SW Motech crash bars. I was starting to get cramped up after 3-4 hours of riding, although my Shad seat made a big improvement.

024E1750-E845-4C48-A624-08B6E4DA3BCF_zpsnuq6lo1d.jpg

A190CC0A-B930-4952-BF39-993A23B35F57_zpsd4rdwfvp.jpg

Searched for Pokestops.
The DCT makes a good bike for it since you don't have to find neutral, just stop and take your phone out.

Stopped by Wilson Flats along the Grand River last night on the way home from work and saw two eagles soaring high above, in and out of the cumulus clouds. Magnificent sight. If you look to the left of the photo you might see a tiny dot. That's one of them. Hard to tell but they were at a lower altitude at first so it was easy to identify. I've seen eagles at this location before. Last year someone actually shot and killed one. He was charged and fined.

IMG_20160726_1720071.jpg

I got my Airhawk R seat in last night.

Problem: when I sit on it, the slopedness of the underlying seat turns the whole thing into an air wedge and rotates my hips way far forward.

Tonight I am going to try to do the seat mod that eliminate the slope.

I got my Airhawk R seat in last night.

Problem: when I sit on it, the slopedness of the underlying seat turns the whole thing into an air wedge and rotates my hips way far forward.

Tonight I am going to try to do the seat mod that eliminate the slope.

I found it better if I positioned the Airhawk further forward so that it covers the front upturn of the seat. Also make sure it is not over inflated, it should only be about 1/4 to 1/2 full.

Based on the recommendations on this forum, I ordered some 1111FZ arms and a TMS top case. I'm going to install them today, and probably figure out how to attach the topcase rack to the GIVI FZ over the weekend! Finally gonna be able to my helmet, a jacket, and spare shoes for work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back