• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunny and 60 degrees (about 15 C.). Wind about 10 to 15 mph, (24 kmh) which is mild for here.

I rode out to Centralia, Oklahoma, a semi ghost town on semi paved roads. At one time it had a bank and two stores, but it is all ruins now.

Then around some back roads.
The winter wheat is greening up, which is nice, and there were many, many hawks out hunting. There was one pair of sparrow hawks, beautiful birds about the size of a pigeon.

I am still experimenting with the Madstad, 22". I am 6'3", long torso. At the lowest setting I get some air on my torso and some wind noise. At the highest setting it is quieter but I feel like I am straining a little to look over it.

Last edited:
After noticing the gradual decrease in suspension performance over time, I figured it would be due for a bit of suspension love. The NC has done 78,000km without any attention to the suspension yet. Ripped the front forks apart, got rid of the brown "oil", cleaned everything, and fitted Race Tech emulators while I was at it. Given that my SV1000 has the suspension apart at the moment (it looked bad having two bikes in the shed missing their front ends!) and it needed new fork slides, I assumed that the NC would be in equal need. Nope, the Teflon coating is still solid with no copper visible, so the old parts are getting another run and the new slides can wait for another day. Whilst the front wheel was off, I tried out my new tyre changer as the last tyre (PR4) had done 38,000km and was nearly down to the wear indicator. Much easier than swinging tyre levers, that's for sure. While I was at it, I fitted the Cameleon chain oiler that I pulled off the SV.

Now, all I need is for the rain to stop to see what it is like

Went grocery shopping. Here is the bike with groceries all packed:
Shop2.jpg

I managed to stuff all this on the bike (and backpack). Needles to say, Bounty paper rolls (12 of them) took up most of the space.
Shop1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back