• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017 nc700x

Tazz34

Reaction score
Visit site
Any info on the 2017's nc700x....colors or changes? I wonder if Honda will have the 2017 at the Progressive motorcycle show...the first show is in California Nov 18th

" improved " front brake caliper , 1 liter larger frunk , LED headlight , larger windshield ( I believe ) , a little difference in speedometer / tach. Engine is the same , thank goodness.

" improved " front brake caliper , 1 liter larger frunk , LED headlight , larger windshield ( I believe ) , a little difference in speedometer / tach. Engine is the same , thank goodness.

Sounds like a winning combination of small but wise improvements.

p.s. Who Dey!

Any info on the 2017's nc700x....colors or changes? I wonder if Honda will have the 2017 at the Progressive motorcycle show...the first show is in California Nov 18th

I am planning to hit the AIM expo in Orlando in a couple weeks. I'll be looking for the new nc's, and I'll try to report and post some pics. I assume most 2017's will be out there, but I've never been to the show before. American Honda is among the epic list of exhibitors attending.

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/MIC/AIMExpo/Public/Exhibitors.aspx?sortMenu=104001#

American International Motorcycle ExpoAIMExpo | The Show That Changed The Powersports Industry

Are these the changes for 2017? Where was this info obtained?

The frunk already got 1 liter bigger for 2016. And are they changing the speedo/tach again after having just changed it in '16?

do I remember reading that the 2016 update has an additional "balancer" in the engine to smooth it out a little more?

That would be awesome.....I’m in Chicago and am dying to find out the colors

I am planning to hit the AIM expo in Orlando in a couple weeks. I'll be looking for the new nc's, and I'll try to report and post some pics. I assume most 2017's will be out there, but I've never been to the show before. American Honda is among the epic list of exhibitors attending.

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/MIC/AIMExpo/Public/Exhibitors.aspx?sortMenu=104001#

American International Motorcycle ExpoAIMExpo | The Show That Changed The Powersports Industry

That would be so cool of you!!!

These are the changes that Honda shared with the press last year.

The NC700X, which has a large storage compartment where a conventional fuel tank would reside, shines as a practical everyday machine, and it continues to be available with Honda’s fully automatic dual-clutch transmission (DCT). Although the 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin is unchanged, the styling of the bike has been made more aggressive for 2016. What’s more, the DCT now three different sport-mode settings, and the aforementioned storage compartment has been enlarged to 5.8 gallons. That’s an increase of a quarter gallon, large enough to store a full-face helmet.

Other changes to this comfortably upright 2016 NC700X tourer include a revised windscreen and gauge cluster, plus an LED taillight, a new muffler (for improved sound) and a utility rail that makes it easy to fit a tank bag. Another handy update: The valves on the wheels are now L-shaped, to aid access when checking tire pressures or adding air. Look for the 2016 Honda NC700X to arrive in April. Prices have not been announced

The Valve change for the tires is kind of a joke. I just did this on my bike when I changed the tires and it cost me a whole $15. Can't believe they would even advertise that.

Last edited:
Any reason why you guys in the states don't get the 750 version? insurance cheaper up to 700cc? (insurance in canada is cheaper up to 750cc)
IF a new version was to come to the states I guess it would be a 750, not another 700... The 700 seems to be a specific production for the US market, and there's probably a cost to having different engines worldwide. Either the 700 would be a North American model (and Canada wouldn't get a 750) OR you'll end getting a 750 too...

This said, I'm just thinking aloud... What do I know? :D

Any reason why you guys in the states don't get the 750 version? insurance cheaper up to 700cc? (insurance in canada is cheaper up to 750cc)
IF a new version was to come to the states I guess it would be a 750, not another 700... The 700 seems to be a specific production for the US market, and there's probably a cost to having different engines worldwide. Either the 700 would be a North American model (and Canada wouldn't get a 750) OR you'll end getting a 750 too...

This said, I'm just thinking aloud... What do I know? :D
most guns and vehicles go through a mandatory federal inspection for it to be sold (not every individual piece just the exact same model) and any change to the product being sold (even color scheme) and they have to go through the inspection process again, and pay again. The U.S.gets burned on the newer model, which ironically is usually just fixed version of minor problems from the initial release model

It is actually the California Air Resources Bureau that is the issue. California is a large market, but it is very expensive to get a new engine certified. Even just making the cylinders 4mm larger takes a whole new testing process. The sick part is that the price of compliance is keeping a less efficient model on the market. It has been shown that the 749cc version is actually more fuel efficient and produces lower emissions. Go figure that the green policies are actually keeping greener technology off the market.

Stupid liberals and all their regulation overload backfires once again.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

My feeling is Honda tailors it's products to the markets (duh). The NC is a success in Europe. Europeans are willing to pay for a fuel efficient bike due in part to their use as primary transport, so they get the street, adv, and scooter versions with LED headlights and 'better' suspension.
In North America it's a harder sell and Honda tries hard to meet a price point. So low cost bits to keep the price low(er). Canada only got the DCT this year (due to pricing I think). Coupled to that is the US tax on over 700cc imports. I think that's the major reason (right or wrong on Honda's part) that Canada gets the 745cc and the US the 670cc

U.S. RAISES TARIFF FOR MOTORCYCLES - NYTimes.com

U.S. duty on Japanese motorcycles to be lifted under TPP trade pact | The Japan Times

Back