• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017 OEM heated grips

My experience with the Honda heated grips is identical to ld_rider’s. Installed pre-delivery by the dealer, and they’re _very_ warm and durable.

Thanks for the links and advice. From my internet research I did read some place the 2016+ heated grips are an improvement over the earlier ones but who knows how much of an improvement. I was leaning towards getting Honda ones for a more integrated install and in my experience OEM accessories usually are less headaches down the road but Honda isn't making it easy. On top of listing 2 different models of heated grips, you also need a relay, sub-harness, and in the link 670cc posted it says you need an attachment kit. Is that the same thing as the sub-harness? Those Oxford grips are looking to be a better option and much cheaper.

I ride a MY17 and I have the OEM grips- they're nice and toasty, sleek, and simple to use. I had my dealer install prior to delivery, so I can't help you with the attachment kit vs not. The OEM sub-harness is set up for you to basically plug & play an accessory socket and lights, in addition to the heated grips. If you're not going to tackle the install yourself, I'd call or ask your local shop which part you need to get- and if they'll match or beat Honda's online price.

I've had a fair amount of luck getting OEM accessories from Rocky Mountain ATV & MC https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts
If you're lucky enough to find your part, they offer a constant 20% off MSRP, which is great for constant things like the air filter and spark plugs. I've been able to find accessories that fit the '17 NC700 in the '14 and earlier sections- curiously they haven't updated for the '16-'17 changes. So no hand guards. But they did have saddlebags, which are a lot more expensive than the handguards.
Carefully cross-check the item number with what the previous year's models had, sometimes they're the same- but not always.

Last edited:
and fwiw, I find the heated grips to be adequately hot until it's about 40 degrees Fahrenheit without any handguards. I'd love to report how nice they are with them, but alas...

The wiring harness for 2015 and earlier NC700 have a 6 pin connector that the (sold separately) Sub Harness plugs into. I have a 2013 and 2017 NCs and service manuals for both.
My 2017 does not have this connector shown in the wiring harness diagram; the 2013 obviously does.
I was about to move the heated grips over to the 2017 but now not about to try and figure out to wire this thing in. The plug deletion shows this accessory is no more.

I’m thinking the 2015- and 2016+ grips aren’t compatible. If I understand correctly, the newer OEM grips integrate differently such that the dash display shows the grip heat setting. I suggest comparing part numbers or installation instructions for those different model years.

The wiring harness for 2015 and earlier NC700 have a 6 pin connector that the (sold separately) Sub Harness plugs into. I have a 2013 and 2017 NCs and service manuals for both.
My 2017 does not have this connector shown in the wiring harness diagram; the 2013 obviously does.
I was about to move the heated grips over to the 2017 but now not about to try and figure out to wire this thing in. The plug deletion shows this accessory is no more.
The 6P option plug uses only 3 wires; green ground, blue hi beam and violet/red op relay.
I pulled everything off the 2013 and will eventually hard wire the heated grips into the 2017.
The 2013 will be up for sale bone stock except red wheel stripes, fender extender front /rear and aluminum frunk soundproofing.

The 6P option plug uses only 3 wires; green ground, blue hi beam and violet/red op relay.
I pulled everything off the 2013 and will eventually hard wire the heated grips into the 2017.
The 2013 will be up for sale bone stock except red wheel stripes, fender extender front /rear and aluminum frunk soundproofing.
I've got to know, what do you mean by aluminum Frunk soundproofing?

I thought I'd get a stir w/that one.
It's dark in the frunk cavity and I thought of putting a 12" strip LED light around the aft side; but was able to 'light' the trunk w/the above.
Although it may not be noticeable, the hollow area may resonate like a drum to a degree but what I did made a big difference in lighting. My 2017 has the same treatment.

Back