• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washed my NC today, then lubed the chain, and rain-xed my Accord while I was at it since it had been washed by a couple consecutive storms.

Also snagged a two-piece Aerostich Roadcrafter Classic off the bay for $445 (not the lowest price, but the seller was honest and it was the right size, a little big in the waist).

Washed my NC today, then lubed the chain, and rain-xed my Accord while I was at it since it had been washed by a couple consecutive storms.

Also snagged a two-piece Aerostich Roadcrafter Classic off the bay for $445 (not the lowest price, but the seller was honest and it was the right size, a little big in the waist).

Good deal, you can grow into it.

Went on 2 1/2 hr ride before weather turned gloomy. Still, can't complain, above freezing temperatures will stay here for a while.

Here is fully loaded NC (no more farkling; only off road tires will replace existing ones once they wear out)
0217.jpg

0117.jpg8817.jpg

Sold my bike today, it is gone now! I will miss the frunk and DCT for sure. But not gonna miss the lack of wind protection and the basic suspension ( it was an 700SD version ). I spent a nice time here,enjoyed the never ending farkling saga :) I still believe, it is a good bike, but my needs are different. So I changed to a fully equipped 2015 DL650XT for the same prize, as a 2016 750X basic model would cost. I will keep you updated, when I'm gonna take some tour and create some videos from them. This year's plan is Italy, Toscana. I wish all of you a safe ride and great time!

From yesterday! First day back on the bike since end of October. Packed up the Mavic Pro and headed out to find the other end of the bridge. 200 miles yesterday in total. Man, it was good to be back on the bike again.

Packing up the Mavic!
[video=youtube;niAGJDgcJEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niAGJDgcJEc[/video]

Lincoln Bridge (East End Bridge) and Falls of the Ohio

[video=youtube;wYgIfFZO6Wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYgIfFZO6Wg[/video]

Installed the SW-Motech skid plate and the Alt Rider radiator guard. Now I just need a nice day to give the baby a bath and take her for a long ride.

Second day of owning the bike and not off to a good start. I find the bike really hard to move and see that my rear tire is flat and find this.

703c61c817f97ace4b49a9322a948a8a.jpg

820ec6a41ab5e280cee7902f7e4514aa.jpg

I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Didn't have any plugs that weren't dried up so I'll try that route first.

I continued my mods. Replaced the tiny horn with a fiamm. Probably one of the best thing you can sis be it literally took five minutes.

a7c4096f089cbbeb6559025715e82290.jpg

Not sure what type of barkbusters that I had on the old bike but I moved it over to the Nc700x. Found several posts on how to do it and I went with leaving everything as is and using the screw from the bar end to install it. The throttle side is bit tight cause of the brake reservoir but it works. I want it more for wind protection more than anything else.

1e93d7474e07adc1fc42aec78fe89236.jpg

6a92325494479a6c44244b24173f74b0.jpg

eac0a9247e290320d9d3f0f255b59dcd.jpg

Have a wind deflector, bar risers, shad seat that I won on eBay for $150 shipped, Denali light mount, led lights all coming in the mail so that should keep me busy. Also need to order the sub harness and relay from the local dealer. Think might get the big ticket item from Europe like the skid plate and pannier mounts and engine guards. Would love to find a used Madstad windscreen but not going to hold my breath. Okay that's all for today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The barkbusters are the storm model. Better coverage then the VPS ones I have. Your bike is looking good

Brief span of no rain in Portland, OR so did a few laps around the neighborhood to try out the 22" MadStad screen - wow - what a difference over the stock screen. I stayed a LOT warmer!

Finally figured out the reason my rear tire kept losing air. I tried the soap bubble thing and thought the leak was around the rim. Took the tire off last Friday, took it to my local shop to have a tube put in it but they found the issue. A small sliver of metal was in the center of the tire; the size of a newborn baby's pinky fingernail. Couldn't feel it from outside or inside the tire. He found it by airing the tire up to 65-70psi and located a small air leak and was able to pull it out and put in a plug.
Took the bike out Saturday and rode in the area that Deckyon filmed with his drone (se post #46 above). Great day out-put about 150 miles on the bike just riding county roads in Clark County Indiana.

0985bd9f2cbb1ed54ae9507bb7011408.jpg
gassing up at 0302 this morning at a brisk 36°
My first ride in three weeks, I got a car for my wife (she's was driving our dodge 1500) And between freezing weather and flooding roads (the cars are the problem in these conditions) I have driven the car or truck and had the motorcycle in the garage. I did change the chain and check all the external parts last week. I've owned my motorcycle for almost two years and it's never sat for more then three days before this.

Last edited:
Side note. Last night I took my battery out to top it off (not sure if it has any loss after sitting for a few weeks) and my stock battery in my 2012 NC700X was still fully charged, so it's better then I thought

The rear shock had developed a squeak so last night I took the rear shock arm linkage off the bike. The three needle bearings and their collars all looked fine but the lower bolt passing through the linkage arms was seized in it's collar. Some corrosion on the bolt. I cleaned both bolt OD and collar ID and lightly greased the bolt before reassembly. Squeak gone.

I noted engine coolant on the floor below my grey NC (as opposed to my orange NC). There were drops hanging off the water pump. My first thought was that it was needing a water pump at 29,000 miles. I cleaned it all up and tightened the hose clamps on the hoses attached to the pump. I let the engine warm up to operating temperature and idle for over an hour, and there was no leak visible. My hope it that the hose on the upper rear side of the pump may have been seeping, a problem I also saw on my old ST1100 at about the same mileage.

100_0960.jpg100_0963.jpg

It's funny how many problems are fixed by simply taking things apart and putting them back together, even without figuring out for certain what was wrong or changing any parts

Went for a ride. It's 30F and winter has been kind to Chicago....but I cannot wait for spring to come.

0617.jpg

0717.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rode 35 miles to the nearest certified Honda dealer. Going to get my 8000 mile service done and they are going to replace (again) the instrument panel (recall) after installing the non-DCT version the first time. Going to pick up a 0 miles bike in a few days (except for the small sticker with the old mileage on it...). I was cold (38 degrees) but dry. Did get to run the new 22" Madstad on the freeway - WOW...what a difference over the stock screen for wind, noise and chill factor protection. Had it adjusted to lowest setting for height and as straight up as I could get it. It's a keeper at lease for winter riding.

40 but sunny.
I rode about fifty miles to film a couple of roundabouts.
I am compiling video and info for a YouTube on motorcycles and roundabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back