• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode in the rain to test out my gear and never again! Biggest thing being that I leave the house at 6am and it was still bit dark. My gear did fine but it's just not ideal. Why take chances?! From now on, if it rains, I work from home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I leave my house at 3am and commute 60 miles each and it's over a small mountain. I bought my motorcycle two years ago and it never sat more then three or four days (when I was off work and doing stuff with my family) and with all the rain we've gotten I didn't ride for almost three weeks.

I only go in the office 4 times a week and it's a 60 mile round trip. The 30 mile return trip could take up to 90min but only 40min on the bike. I sold my car so we're only a one car family. Commuting on a bike definitely keeps my sanity in check and makes living in so cal that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean that radiator and throw a guard on it, please!
hard to tell but I think there's already a guard on the radiator. Must be cold or that bike would have overheated if the radiator was that covered, our maybe that's just my luck LOL P.S. he does need a fender extender, it would help so he got less build up on the bash plate and the radiator

Last edited:
I rode about 100 miles up to Joplin and back, partly to find an 1856 cemetery I had never heard of.
An infamous local serial killer, Billy Cook, is buried there in an unmarked grave. Peace church cemetery.
A very spooky place.

Nothing like a good spook to send the imagination into overdrive.

went for a little ride yesterday

[video=youtube_share;wpPOX6HZjW8]https://youtu.be/wpPOX6HZjW8[/video]

and today I gave her a long needed bath

Well, after my nice ride yesterday I rode over to a relative's house in the dark.
Their driveway etc. are all gravel.
Leaving in the dark my foot slipped and I dropped my precious! First time.
The crash bars and hand guards did their job, and all I got was a little scratch on the right mirror.
I picked it up and rode home.
The front brake and brake cylinder were pushed up a bit, so I reset them today, lowering the brake lever slightly from stock for comfort.
I also redid my tool kit, as it is a little cold and windy to ride.

Jmdz4,
That music makes me think a supermodel is about to appear by the side of the road.

Replaced both tires on my sons 2012 X model. (Sunday) No pics but dang if the bead breaking and removal of the five year old tires wasn't a total BIICH!!! We ended up using a 6' lever against a piece of pipe (2X4 kept slipping) that would dig into the tire. The lever lifted the bench with me leaning on it so we put the fulcrum under a truck spring. What torture.
I know the bead breaking tools/stands with the 3' arm would not have worked. And the U tube videos showing all the easy roadside removals made us want to cry. I mean one of these dudes broke a bead with the heel of a boot (and some good positioning) No way here!! _+_@#)(%&@#@#%)(&*@%!! My son is 300lbs and both of us leaning down on a bar did nothing. Lube and all.
In the 70s I did a tire change on a side walk in a drizzle with a tool called a Breezer. That was good but our rims were steel, like our balls. Now the rims are aluminium and soft. I even cut through the fancy protector and gouged the rim with one tire tool.
Did I mention the removal was a total, unadulterated, horrid BIICH?
Whew glad that is off my chest.

P.S. Just how important is it to get a perfect balance on a bike that can barely get to 85mph before running out of road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back