• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut my Yosemite Sam mudflap down 1.75 inches after tire-grinding the bottom a bit when hitting a bump real hard and using most of the suspension. The mudflap now sags inward less now as well, since the weight on the end is not as great nor is spanning as far.

Old pic before cutting it a little shorter today, and mounting it higher:

Fud Mulap by greenboy, on Flickr

Here's a crash guard I'd really like to see: Dimotiv Upper Engine Guard (more pics on Dimotiv's site -- this thing really seems to have some coverage)

DI-EG-HO-01-K-A-02.jpg

Here's a crash guard I'd really like to see: Dimotiv Upper Engine Guard (more pics on Dimotiv's site -- this thing really seems to have some coverage)

DI-EG-HO-01-K-A-02.jpg

Seems a bit excessive...unless you're dodging trees/boulders, don't think protection that high is really necessary on this bike. Hitting/being hit by a guard rail or car at speed would probably total it even with that, and if you're in a slower crash it'd probably just slide on the lower bars (or take some serious damage elsewhere if it does end up flipping).

It does look nice, though, and gives more locations for installing farkles, so it does have something going for it.

Four full bags of groceries on board. (Including two half gallons of soy milk) and I dont even have panniers yet! Most useful motorcycle I have ever owned!!!

You didn't happen to go through Chagrin Falls around 17:30 yesterday did you? My daughter and I had been riding south along Chagrin River Road from 322 and stopped for a coffee in town. Thought I saw a red NCX go by with a top box, then thought nah there's not that many in this area! Seeing your picture made me wonder if perhaps I did though!!

You didn't happen to go through Chagrin Falls around 17:30 yesterday did you? My daughter and I had been riding south along Chagrin River Road from 322 and stopped for a coffee in town. Thought I saw a red NCX go by with a top box, then thought nah there's not that many in this area! Seeing your picture made me wonder if perhaps I did though!!

YEA! That was me! I live in Cleveland Heights, but my buddies are all cops and firemen in Chagrin Falls. So I went to find them. Jim the Fire Marshall has a sweet BMW GS was hoping he was out!
And I saw you bike parked out in front of Starbucks.. HAHA. I thought HEY an NC... nice!!

SuperTux, I see you have seal protectors on. I've done a few hundred miles now with my zip-on Seal Savers and so far, so good. one of these days I'll get a shot of them on the NC. 'Til then --

I thought about putting those plastic accordion tube style protectors on when I had the forks out, but decided against it because then it would be difficult to measure preload.
The neoprene shock covers work well, but I take them off after riding in the rain so they don't trap water against the fork and rust it. They velcro on so it doesn't consume a ziptie and they won't scratch the chrome fork tube.

FREEDOM OF FLIGHT - Riding With Queenie - Week Ending 04/02/17

[video=youtube;9aB8DbiJM7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aB8DbiJM7o[/video]

Took her out for the first ride of the year yesterday. Went to the car wash and cleaned her up. She's a looker!

NC700_Side_zpsm4f2n7jo.jpg

But then I brought the NC back to the stable and put a good 50 miles on the big Vee (Vader). Mwahahahah!

VstromPassengerSide_zpsbstjlzuk.jpg

Vstrom_Front_zpskedygouk.jpg

Utopia backrest

I installed my new Utopia backrest today. It took less than an hour but I have to admit that I watched a lot of YouTube videos before my backrest arrived. I lived in Pennsylvania for my entire life but moved to Brazil about five years ago. One of my Brazilian friends was visiting the U.S last month and I had Utopia ship it to her and she brought in back with her this week. I took a short ride after the installation and it works great!

image.jpg

YouTube <- Take a ride on my NC750 in Brazil

Last edited:
Rode to work this AM in 37 deg weather. Wore my normal gear but with a Frogg Toggs waterproof over suit. High Vis Green top. I drove 67mph in the middle lane using my signals.
I felt like "That weird adventure motorcycle guy" that I used to laugh at when I was a wheelie guy.

And... I loved it! First time in a long time I felt like I was riding my motorcycle for me, and only for me. Because I liked it. I wasn't out to show off, wasn't out to be cool. I was out to get to work on my bike, be smart about it and enjoy the ride.

Now after a few weeks I am really starting a love affair with my NC. It's not the fastest or best but it sure get's the job done!

Also I took a chance and snagged a Danmoto Jisu slip on. Now with my other bikes I was always a name brand guy but now at 46 it seems like I have WAY less money than I used to at 20. So $150 seemed like a nice price, something the wife would skin me for and it seemed like a lot of you guys had it on your bikes. I couldn't be happier. It not loud, but adds a nice rumble. Totally stoked...

Now.. if my other little china tidbits would come in. Shield blade, bar risers I'd be pretty happy! :D

Rode to work this AM in 37 deg weather. Wore my normal gear but with a Frogg Toggs waterproof over suit. High Vis Green top. I drove 67mph in the middle lane using my signals.
I felt like "That weird adventure motorcycle guy" that I used to laugh at when I was a wheelie guy.

And... I loved it! First time in a long time I felt like I was riding my motorcycle for me, and only for me. Because I liked it. I wasn't out to show off, wasn't out to be cool. I was out to get to work on my bike, be smart about it and enjoy the ride.

Now after a few weeks I am really starting a love affair with my NC. It's not the fastest or best but it sure get's the job done!

Also I took a chance and snagged a Danmoto Jisu slip on. Now with my other bikes I was always a name brand guy but now at 46 it seems like I have WAY less money than I used to at 20. So $150 seemed like a nice price, something the wife would skin me for and it seemed like a lot of you guys had it on your bikes. I couldn't be happier. It not loud, but adds a nice rumble. Totally stoked...

Now.. if my other little china tidbits would come in. Shield blade, bar risers I'd be pretty happy! :D

Did you install a baffle on the exhaust?

It was a little chilly this morning. I left just before 6, had an hour stop and then continued to work just after 7, not much warmer. However it was a lot steadier than the ride home in the gusting wind last night! I did use the heated hand grips this morning though, just to make it comfortable. Hey, that's why I bought them, may as well use them!!

It was a little chilly this morning. I left just before 6, had an hour stop and then continued to work just after 7, not much warmer. However it was a lot steadier than the ride home in the gusting wind last night! I did use the heated hand grips this morning though, just to make it comfortable. Hey, that's why I bought them, may as well use them!!

You have to love Cleveland. Rode home in 65 deg weather. Tomorrow night snow. Friday hail and snow. But Sunday it's expected to be 73.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back