• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farkel stage 2 complete. Added fender extender, fabricated mounts and mounted the PIAA 510's hooked into low beam so I can use them as driving lights and additional beams at night without using my brights. They shut off with key as well as switch when key is on. No panels removed!

And I know LED's are cool, but bad *** is even cooler. Love the look of the 4" PIAAs.

I'm pumped. Love this bike!
IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0198.jpg

Took off my hand guards for this nice warm weather, adjusted my rear shock preload and did the seat mod finally. We will see how she does tomorrow

2014 nc700x -Rox risers-22in madstad-barkbuster storms.

Texas hill country

87a750c91f80d5978a922ce89f1102f2.jpg

Rode into town on the back roads: Noticed a car just before making a turn, paniced almost into his path (he was going way over 35mph, the limit for that road, but still my fault), went around a turn a bit too fast (gravel on pavement, both tires losing traction intermittently), and witnessed the aftermath of a car accident before finally making my way back home. Fun day.

Harley truck coming to Tulsa. I would like to ride the new Street Rod. The 750 is not much, this seems much improved.

Do they bring motorcycles in the Harley truck, or is it just clothing? ;)

Another impromptu 120 miler. My GPS has a cool feature - it turns road I have ridden to blue - so today, I took another afternoon in my backyard in the great northwest and aimed for any black road I could find that was longer than a few miles. Turned out VERY well as I discovered two really nice parks that I plan to revisit later. The weather held for at least 5 hours. Photo's and route attached for posterity. (washed the bike afterwards, too)

route.jpgDSCN1972.jpgDSCN1968.jpgDSCN1959.jpgDSCN1964.jpg

Rode 62 miles from home and put in 3.5 gallons of gas. Recorded the event and saw my last purchase was Oct. 14, 2016. :rolleyes: I don't live in Canada, I live in central Georgia and it has been a mild winter for Georgia. Surprised my NC didn't run away from home feeling neglected. I did do a short ride in January for one of my two days off at home in the first quarter, but didn't buy gas then.

Went for a ride with a couple of friends
68d3c070cb3fe61994e451684d88fa86.jpg
making plans to go up to Oregon on 5 and come back down the coast end of next month

Finally got my "new" NC home yesterday. As I mentioned in my intro post, I rescued this from someone who had dumped it and then let it sit under a cover neglected in an apartment parking lot for who knows how long. Dinged up, covered in pollen, bald tires, chain neglected...

Last week I had a dealer put on two new tires, and they also said I needed front brake pads. OK, no problem.

I cleaned the chain a little and lubed it, but there was still a clunking noise when I pulled away in 1st. Gassed up and decided to check the oil level (thankfully). Waaaaaay overfilled. Used some clear tubing to get a good amount out before my 120 mile ride home.

The ride home was fun!

Today I cleaned the chain again and lubed it up while warm. Clunking gone!

Ordered a Honda center stand and an oil filter today. Still need to replace front right turn signal lens (maybe whole assembly, not sure yet). Muffler has road rash but I may just leave it. More to come.

I spent the day cleaning up all of the storm damage from the last snow storm that dumped two feet of wet snow on us. We have two giant white pine trees that had large branches broken off all over the yard. I spent a couple of hours standing on a bouncing ladder while cutting fallen branches from the roof of the shed and around our Dish satellite antenna and then helping my wife with her Passover cleaning. I finally got the bikes out of the shed by late afternoon. I didn't ride anywhere as I was tum pluckered by the days activities. Tomorrow morning I go back to commuting the 3.9 miles to work on the bike. I will be taking the scenic route on the way home rain or no rain.

Gassed up and decided to check the oil level (thankfully). Waaaaaay overfilled. Used some clear tubing to get a good amount out before my 120 mile ride home.

No offense intended, but I wanted to be sure you knew that when checking the oil on the NC, you do not screw the cap in. Rather, it's simply rested on the threads and then the level is checked. You may well know this, but when you said it was found overfilled, I thought it worth mentioning.

But, anyway, I'm glad you got the machine up and running!

Last edited:
Lubed the chain up yesterday, probably needed it after the tank-and-a-half marathon run a few days prior (besides all the other normal exercise it got). Chain's definitely kinking in a few links (though, it's still in the green, tension hasn't been adjusted in 2k miles, need to check slack before I ride again), not sure if it's the original chain or not, but the bike just hit 8k mi so it might be. Will be watching for deals on chains carefully.

Took a ride in Brazil. My trip with friends from Sao Mateus to Santa Teresa in Espirto Santo Brazil. Great day, beautiful scenery. Hour long but good music.
Enjoy!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cFyH45yWpcU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>mar trip.JPG

YouTube

Wet one on the way into work.
Rain Gear has come a long way since I started riding in 1986.
Been a while since I commuted to work on a bike. The NC rocked in a HARD down pour, handled puddles and all really well. I wasn't SUPER confident in the stock tires on sharp turns so I did exercise extra care in turns but over all really happy with the NC. The Puig windscreen moved the wind perfectly onto my face shield which removed the rain pretty darn well.

One issue.. I need cycling boots... my feet is wet! But not to fear, and extra set of shoes and socks were in my frunk and all my work gear (laptop etc) was in the trunk.

Such a fun practical bike.

20170411_075606.jpg

Wet one on the way into work.
Rain Gear has come a long way since I started riding in 1986.
Been a while since I commuted to work on a bike. The NC rocked in a HARD down pour, handled puddles and all really well. I wasn't SUPER confident in the stock tires on sharp turns so I did exercise extra care in turns but over all really happy with the NC. The Puig windscreen moved the wind perfectly onto my face shield which removed the rain pretty darn well.

One issue.. I need cycling boots... my feet is wet! But not to fear, and extra set of shoes and socks were in my frunk and all my work gear (laptop etc) was in the trunk.

Such a fun practical bike.

TCX makes a great, moderately priced, waterproof MC boot. I have a pair of Gore-Tex Matrix boots I bought a dozen years ago when the company was known as Oxtar, they have never leaked. TOURING ADVENTURE / INFINITY EVO GORE-TEX(R) | Products | TCX Boots

Edit/ These are the modern replacement for the boots I bought available from Motostorm.it in Italy. I've saved bundles of money buying equipment from them for my son's bike. Tcx X-five Evo Goretex(R) | MotoStorm

Last edited:
Finally got my "new" NC home yesterday. As I mentioned in my intro post, I rescued this from someone who had dumped it and then let it sit under a cover neglected in an apartment parking lot for who knows how long. Dinged up, covered in pollen, bald tires, chain neglected...

Last week I had a dealer put on two new tires, and they also said I needed front brake pads. OK, no problem.

I cleaned the chain a little and lubed it, but there was still a clunking noise when I pulled away in 1st. Gassed up and decided to check the oil level (thankfully). Waaaaaay overfilled. Used some clear tubing to get a good amount out before my 120 mile ride home.

The ride home was fun!

Today I cleaned the chain again and lubed it up while warm. Clunking gone!

Ordered a Honda center stand and an oil filter today. Still need to replace front right turn signal lens (maybe whole assembly, not sure yet). Muffler has road rash but I may just leave it. More to come.

Clunking noise when pulling away in first gear is one of the first signs of the chain beginning to kink in a few places. The front gear cover has a little metal tab and kinked links can hit it causing the clunking noise.

No offense intended, but I wanted to be sure you knew that when checking the oil on the NC, you do not screw the cap in. Rather, it's simply rested on the threads and then the level is checked. You may well know this, but when you said it was found overfilled, I thought it worth mentioning.

But, anyway, I'm glad you got the machine up and running!

No offense taken - yes, I ran the bike for a few minutes, let it sit for a few, stood it upright, and rested the cap. Thanks though - it may help someone in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back