• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some brake testing in the rain. Was really surprised with how hard the front brake could be grabbed before the ABS kicked in. Would highly recommend this just to get a feel for how far the lever can be squeezed before the front starts to skid. I only went 20km/hr but it really did give me more comfort with with the we emergency braking in wet conditions. Great exercise for the start of the season.

Me too.

Doing 100 km/h on dry pavement I braked HARD the rear ABS kicked in but not the front, I might have squeezed harder but it's scary.

Doing 60 km/h on a gravel road, both front and rear ABS kicked in. The ABS system works great.

I tempted fate in a pea gravel intersection, front and rear ABS kicked in and the distance to full stop increased considerably over clean pavement. Pea gravel on pavement may be more slippery than an all out gravel road.

I tried to get the rear tire to 'skip' while braking in a turn but could not bring myself to apply enough rear brake so that was uneventful.

All fun, all good.

"What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger."
German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche

Got a new rear tire on order. I took the rear tire off the bike, waiting for call from local shop. Cleaned the rear wheel and rear sprocket. Hopefully get a call today or tomorrow from local shop. Going to try Kenda tires this time. For some reason the bike has stopped liking the conti motion pro; the last 2 sets, rear tire started cupping at 1000 miles (OCC on checking tire pressure on the bike-making sure correct pressure is within range), tire pressure, chain alignment has not been the cause of the cupping (could be poor QA at Continental, since the Motion Pros are one of their lowest price tire). I got 8,000 miles on the rear, but don't like the cupping. I'd like to put on Metzler but crap, I can buy 3 Kenda's for the price of 1 Metzler.

Where in KY are you headed?

I'll be camping in Shepherdsville Thu - Sat. During daytime, I'll be at Louisville Expo Center where my son will compete in robotics championship. Thu - Fri evening, weather permitting, I might be hitting nearby roads. I've heard that Louisville area has quite a few nice roads.

I had a PR4 installed on the front, 6050 miles on stock.
The rear got a PR4 at about 4000. It looks fine.

Added more lights by the brake using cheap eBay $10 led lights.

04c4740ba9fc33c9ce0cf9e8fc756c03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a Michelin Pilot Road 4

After reading posts in this group and doing some online viewing I finally decided to buy a new Pilot Road 4 tire for the back of my NC750. After getting it mounted I did a little riding around town and It feels like it was a good choice. The ride seems more comfortable especially on cobble streets and over bumps. It really made the bike feel "New" again!

Shifting has been a little clunky the last couple of days. Turns out the chain slack was very loose. Test commute in the morning...high hopes :)

I did what I always do with this thing.... rode to work, 100 more miles on the clock.

City Rider- if you have any issues or need help while camping, post it. A few of us on here live or work in Louisville which is only about 20 miles north of Shepardsville. Note: weather forecast for Saturday not good, high of around 50'f with rain all day. Also, Saturday is Thunder over Louisville day, so stay away from downtown Louisville unless you like crowds and airshows-downtown Louisville at the river. They have one of the largest fireworks shows which starts around 9pm (or 930pm).

Took a ride from Winchester, VA up to Berkley Springs, WV. Used the twisty roads feature on my Tom Tom to turn a 45 minute ride on 4 lane into a 3 hour twitsy road adventure. Then went to Old Town, MD to cross the bridge there across the Potomac back into WV. The privately owned, low water, toll bridge is one of my favorites.

old town bridge.jpg

More twisty roads on way back for a great day. GPS took me on 5 miles of gravel so first test of Avon Trailrider tires off road. Definitely a major improvement on PR4s for gravel with no apparent loss in road performance. :) Now to see how long they last. I will work on that as fast as I can.

After reading posts in this group and doing some online viewing I finally decided to buy a new Pilot Road 4 tire for the back of my NC750. After getting it mounted I did a little riding around town and It feels like it was a good choice. The ride seems more comfortable especially on cobble streets and over bumps. It really made the bike feel "New" again!

Wait until you get in the twisters or get stuck in rain. I love those tires, in both circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back