• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came home late today and met a trucker who unnecessarily felt it was acceptable to turn wide, come into my right of way lane without a signal and then honk at the evil motorcyclist. I suggested that he was number one a couples of times...I can start being mature again tomorrow...

Even the ones that just had a sealed shroud an no oil bath lasted infinitely longer. Or so I had heard.

IIRC the top of the chain case on the Heinkel is clear so checking the oil level only takes a quick glance. The newer BMW scooters have a chain final drive in an oil bath that is completely enclosed in a metal case.

Last edited:
Changed out the oil, Castrol 4t 10 w 40 and changed out the brake fluid. Motor sure sounds better. Easiest brake fluid change I have ever done.

Cleaned it. A week of rain and road grime is so hard on the swingarm, radiator and lower fairing.
Belgian roads are even worse than off roading.

After a horrible winter, I am just happy to be commuting on Skookum once again. 9 commutes in the last 10 days. Much more fun than commuting in the Ram diesel.
>T

Warming up here, pulled the plastics off the Barkbusters, when it gets to the hot weather I'll switch out the vStream for the stock shield.

Need to do a valve check. I've done valves on other bikes, but a little nervous about this one. I guess I should review the videos and posts.

New shoes for the bike on Friday and a roughly 170 mile day trip yesterday down to Silver Falls state park with a few guys, including PortlandZinMan. Good scenery, great roads, and we forgot to stop and take pictures.

Last edited:
New shoes for the bike on Friday and a roughly 170 mile day trip yesterday down to Silver Falls state park with a few guys, including PortlandZinMan. Good scenery, great roads, and we forgot to stop and take pictures.

Fun day - lead by our own Thomasec on his new Kawi Versys 1000. My ride ended up being 190 miles as I broke off in the afternoon and headed back east. My thanks to Tom for leading a fantastic ride. I think the Portland group is going to meet and ride a lot this summer!

Attachments

• sat route.jpg
    sat route.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 150
Replaced my sprocket to 17T. Few posts from the forum helped greatly. Here's the old one at 7000 miles. Hardly any wear. Also tried to replace the rear brake pads since I can't lock my rear brakes, but upon removal, it had plenty of life so I left it. What's my next step, bleeding the fluids?!?!

e02ae06ff1682eb22ed8bf36832699a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back