• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thing today. Local Honda dealership asked me to ride their new Africa Twin on a charity ride. Had to say no, doc hasn't cleared me to ride yet....and I'm still packing for our move.

"finally went to Urgent Care on Tuesday night. The Dr. there said I had an Ear/Throat infection and prescribed some antibiotics, a hard core throat syrup and some steroids. Within 24 hours I felt 1000% better."

Hope that wasn't codeine in your system while you rode.

In response to your question, steroids are short term medicine for recovery.
Taken long term they have many unpleasant side effects, including acne, rage, impotence, and shriveled testicles.

One of few sunny days here since returning from a Texas hill country vacation and moto gp, sadly in car.
Rode about forty miles. Wind gusts to 35 mph (56 mph) added to the interest.

Last edited:
Where's the beef?!

went on a late night hooligan run to taco bell.

becc9012f3cc4ad7ede31e189220cdaf.jpg

Got up to 74F or so here after only one day this year that barely beat 60 (yestiddy). But I rode dualsport on the WR instead of tripping on the NC, on a lot of seriously pulverized 2-track and single-track, from the record snow and rain in that area this year. Had a great time but I am pulverized too -- even got a leg cramp for awhile ; }

Camping by gatesville tx

2fa3090892cc2aeb31bd30aac093a433.jpg

While at camp, I ordered a set of mosko moto 35l bags for heavy dirt stuff

Last edited:
I stared at my forward pegs, mounted on crash bars, and pondered how to get them back a little. The mounting system does not lend itself to the skid plate. I remembered I had some other pegs that mount with a U bolt, so I played with them a little and managed to drop the bolt inside the skid plate. After trying to fish it out for a bit it came time for some family duties, so I will try again tomorrow.

Today, I pulled the bike out of the garage, sprayed it front to back with S100 and then rinsed. Took the leaf blower and blew all the rinse water off the bike and wall-ah, the bike was clean. That S100 is amazing stuff. And yes, I re-lubed the chain. The bike is ready for the summer...I hope that starts soon! I will admit...the bike looks "*****en" all shined up!

Took a shortcut this evening to the gas station. Darned shortcut added an hour to the ride. :)
All gassed up to go play around more tomorrow and Sunday.

Going back and forth to the fair grounds, it's only a few miles but I'm going back and forth allot and parking is crazy there so I'm riding the motorcycle because I can park almost anywhere.
My daughter won the tiny princess competition (she just turned 6 last month) her sister won 2nd runner up last year.
My son is also showing a pig at the fair.
They had a demolition derby that was awesome, got me thinking about getting a car ready for next year
901a0209b66628eef8f8b96fb9fd2b3a.jpg
c9591969808e8709c5cc9fd5455416c0.jpg
a21334704a837c6dd0986ea82682f44f.jpg

Ordered a new front shoe for the Honda. I probably have enough tread on the old one for my trip to the Dragon in 2 weeks (come on already....!), but I would be worrying about it so I decided to order a new shoe. I will now have a matching set of Kenda's K671 (switching from the Motion Pros) and I will see how many miles I get from them (the Kendas are lower $ than the Motion Pros). The K671s don't come in the standard NC700x size of 120/70/17, but they do offer 110/70/17-close enough since I had to go down 10 mm for the rear Kenda also. Only put about 50 miles on the rear Kenda but I like the feel so far.

I got my reservation confirmed for the bunk house for Kickstand :cool:

So today I hit the 90% Farkel mark for my NC.
I added what I wanted, things I thought made sense and things to make my ride more comfortable.

These include:
Givi Trunk and rack.
PIAA 510 Lights
Honda Light Bar
Sargent Seat.
Fork socks
Fenda Estenda
Puig Wind Screen with Ebay Lip.
HondaPro Nut Plates (IMPORTANT!)
Ebay Radiator protector
Ebay Handlebar risers 2" straight up
Ebay dirt bike bar rod to use as a "stuff mount"
Storm single mount hand protectors
Danmoto exhaust (love it)
Tech Spec Gripster Tank Grips.

My favorite Farkels... Hand protection. Amazing. Winscreen Awesome. Lip - Awesome.
And honestly besides the trunk, the Tank Gripsters are the BEST mod. You just don't move in a turn.
Seriously changed the comfort level a lot, almost as goos as the 2" bar risers...

I am so happy with the bike I actually stopped looking at other bikes. (Which is a weird feeling)

The only thing left which I will have to save for is my Panniers.
Picked out the 33L Givi Trekkers and rack... but even from IT,
that $670 to my door and I have $2... so that a "goal".
Been averaging 150 - 300 miles a week on the bike.
Commuting everyday I can.

Anyways.. here she is.. 90% done...
:D

I love my expensive Tech Spec grips too. I couldn't use that small one between the seat and frunk though. It kept the tank from opening all the way. I figured I must've mounted the big one too low.

Otherwise, we have as lot of the same farkles.

OK. snagged some stuff... Got full set of Trekker Dolomite Side cases 36L and a 48L top case and the side racks (I had the Givi monkey top case rack already)
I sold a Vespa I had and said.. Hmmm. time for some luggage!

Got the luggage from Italy, so it will be a week or so before I see them.
Motostorm: Abbigliamento Moto Caschi ed Accessori | MotoStorm (Nothing like saving $250+ what a great outlet place!!)

Also, I snagged a RAM phone mount. And this was one where I really considered getting a Chinese bootleg... but then really took the time to consider the consequence of having my (possibly) only means of communication drop from the bike in the middle of BFE. So I looked at 90% of what everyone was using here and on ADVrider and RAM was everywhere.
So I sucked it up, Paid $49 and waited.

Holy mother of all things built well I am glad I did. You can tell from the pics the Chinese bootlegs are 90% plastic and would probably break. The RAM is like 99% metal.
I had NO IDEA it would be that good. when you bolt that sucker on, and set the angles and tighten the thumb screw, that mount and holder is NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
Pick and choose your cheap farkles, but man, I think I would tell anyone spend the few extra bucks on a real RAM mount. SO impressed.

Last edited:
Holy mother of all things built well I am glad I did. You can tell from the pics the Chinese bootlegs are 90% plastic and would probably break. The RAM is like 99% metal.
I had NO IDEA it would be that good. when you bolt that sucker on, and set the angles and tighten the thumb screw, that mount and holder is NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
Pick and choose your cheap farkles, but man, I think I would tell anyone spend the few extra bucks on a real RAM mount. SO impressed.
I saw a rubbery-plastic cradle mount on a forum somewhere that was reported to be good too. Need to go and look for that again; some of the off-pavement places I ride are easy to get lost in; sometimes I wonder if I am going to get back to a route that will connect all the way through to where I need to be by nightfall. It's either explore all the possibilities way earlier in the day to give myself some leeway for the unforeseen, or start using GPS a little more often so I can extend those exploration days even further ; }

If I were you, I would have included a fresh rear tire with that order. I thought I rode my tires down to the bone, but I'll concede that honor to you. [emoji471]

Ray

I still have about 1000 miles left

126ab8c5a0e940c810ddbeacdda94ce9.jpg

I have an 805 I will be mounting up in about 2 weeks for colorado :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw a rubbery-plastic cradle mount on a forum somewhere that was reported to be good too. Need to go and look for that again; some of the off-pavement places I ride are easy to get lost in; sometimes I wonder if I am going to get back to a route that will connect all the way through to where I need to be by nightfall. It's either explore all the possibilities way earlier in the day to give myself some leeway for the unforeseen, or start using GPS a little more often so I can extend those exploration days even further ; }

I have one. It's OK... I paid $16.99 + $5 shipping. If you want to try it, I'll send it to ya of $10 flat.
It's works pretty darn well, but I wanted something a bit more permanent. I can post a pic later if you like. I got it from Amazon, US company.
It's this one....
Amazon.com: Premium Bike PHONE MOUNT Made of Durable Non-Slip Silicone. Mobile Cellphone Holder / Universal Cradle for 99% of Smartphones and All Bicycle Handlebars. Secure and Flexible - SILICO': Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:
I have one. It's OK... I paid $16.99 + $5 shipping. If you want to try it, I'll send it to ya of $10 flat.
It's works pretty darn well, but I wanted something a bit more permanent. I can post a pic later if you like. I got it from Amazon, US company.
It's this one....
Amazon.com: Premium Bike PHONE MOUNT Made of Durable Non-Slip Silicone. Mobile Cellphone Holder / Universal Cradle for 99% of Smartphones and All Bicycle Handlebars. Secure and Flexible - SILICO': Sports & Outdoors
my concern with that was size. My phone is a LG G4 and that looked a little small for that phone with a large protective case on it?

It's this one....
The one I saw was probably heavier duty. Also I have the larger size of phone -- Note III (easier to see maps) with a big Otter case. Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back