• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What started out as a quick ride ended up being an almost 4 hour trek. Missed a turn, thought there was another road further up (there wasn't) so decided to just keep heading west and see the ocean today.
Through Tillamook, down 101 to Lincoln City for a gas-up and late lunch, then back around to home.
Definitely windy out by the water. Was getting blown around pretty good at times. A little disconcerting to be leaned over in a turn and be blown back up into an upright position.
05-07 Ride.jpg20170507_131219.jpg20170507_143548.jpg20170507_143608.jpg20170507_143623.jpg20170507_150449.jpg

Attachments

• 20170507_131219.jpg
    20170507_131219.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20170507_143548.jpg
    20170507_143548.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 20170507_143608.jpg
    20170507_143608.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 20170507_143623.jpg
    20170507_143623.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 274
40 deg when I left the house for the gym this AM, went through some pockets of 35deg... My layered pants and jacket did the job, but I now understand the excitement of heated grips. SOMEDAY when I want to play electrician I may have to indulge.

It's funny to see brings sun and be freezing you balloons off... haha. Still better than driving.

Also.. what's up with the NC hate on other forums. I was reading through a few and MAN guys are not nice to the bike. I guess they miss the point of a high milage, ample power commuter/tourer/mild adventure bike.

Oh well their loss. I love my buddy!

What started out as a quick ride ended up being an almost 4 hour trek.

Kyle - I ran out early yesterday morning for a 90 minute scoot in my backyard and then had to put it away - had a nice hike downtown with friends int he afternoon. Your ride looked FUN!

Didn't ride all weekend even though the weather was nice. Took the bicycle out instead. On the way back home not too far from where I live, at an intersection I ride through everyday, this happened:

8d4e8d1693f24baaad435e9fc1406673.jpg

ec0b45dc1b2ff349ff0a57da3e254c33.jpg

I did not witness it, but the car has a nice dent in the right side. If I had to guess, I'd say it turned left in front of the bike.

20 year old motorcyclist died in the hospital and passenger in the car injured.

Ride safe!

Took a fifty mile trip down to lake Erie. It was cold at 7° C but I was okay with only my fingers getting uncomfortable at the end of my ride. I should treat myself to heated grips.

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Fresh gravel, always just a little more fun.
6.jpg
The moon!
7.jpg

I was commuting home today on one of the highways at 95 km/h (59 mph) and something hit my knee. I don't know what it was but it reminded me that I'm glad I'm ATGATT. If I were just wearing jeans and whatever it was hit me I don't think I would have been happy. With my riding pants with knee protection I just felt the hit and was thankful. Wishing you all happy and safe riding.

Left for Gym/Work at 5:31am... 31 deg F... 75 mph on the Freeway, sun just starting to peak out from the night, dub reggae in the ears... it was a good morning.
Cold.. but good. Used my bicycle racing "gators" over my riding boots for an extra layer, worked GREAT!

Now, if Ohio would just realize it's MAY!!! DANG MAN... :D

Gorgeous sunshine but cool ride to work today. 90 minutes behind SleepyC means I get a few extra degrees of warmth, that and heated grips FTW!!

Picked a highway and drove north on it for 50 miles, then picked a random side road and drove west on it for another 50 miles.

Then I told my phone to take me home. :) That was a cold ride on the Interstate. Yes, the heated grips are awesome when you forget all the other heated stuff. :)

I never understood why anyone would go through the hassle of adding heated grips... UNTIL TODAY.
=)

Hassle or money, pick your poison! Mine were 'magically' on when I picket it up from it's initial 600 mi service, along with the few other OEM farkles I selected at purchase time but wasn't going to wait for when the bike was originally delivered to the dealership! Combined with hand guards means I rarely need my snowmobile gloves, well except for the last week or so before Christmas!! Having 5 settings and nicely displayed in the dash what heat # I'm on is pretty nice. Start with 5 then dial it down as needed. Even using it on 1 or 2 just to take the edge off a cool wind in the early morning or late evening when wearing summer gloves is nice.

I cleaned and relubed the chain. Also on my DRZ 400.
Rear paddock stand highly useful.

I was going to ride but for some reason just felt like a drink and reading on the sofa.
I finished the current issues of Ride Texas, the SABR journal (baseball history) and the Tactical Journal (IDPA).

Last edited:
Took the MSF introduction to trail riding class today. They do an awesome job. Max class size of 4 people with 2 instructors bikes and all gear included and only $145. Probably can't find just the bike rental cheaper elsewhere.

Used muscles I'm not used to using and all I could do to drive my truck 2 hours home.

Great experience I recommend to anyone. Thanks to DCT Fan for letting me know about it.
Me2.
You'll recover in err.. 2 weeks, since it took me 4 days. LOL

Picked a highway and drove north on it for 50 miles, then picked a random side road and drove west on it for another 50 miles.

Then I told my phone to take me home. :) That was a cold ride on the Interstate. Yes, the heated grips are awesome when you forget all the other heated stuff. :)

Did that the other day, a nice relaxing ride. Not as far, though.

Today I looked at the bike and noticed some oil on the right side of the rear wheel. Everything else clean, even the brake disc (seemed too viscus for brake fluid anyway). Weird...

Left for Gym/Work at 5:31am... 31 deg F... 75 mph on the Freeway, sun just starting to peak out from the night, dub reggae in the ears... it was a good morning.
Cold.. but good. Used my bicycle racing "gators" over my riding boots for an extra layer, worked GREAT!

Now, if Ohio would just realize it's MAY!!! DANG MAN... :D
Way down in middle Georgia it was 45 for my 62 mile commute this morning. It was 85 on way home this afternoon.

Me2.
You'll recover in err.. 2 weeks, since it took me 4 days. LOL

Yesterday morning in pain I looked at my gear in the morning and said to my self "No way" and rode my truck.

This morning I did ride but at the end of 62 mile ride was hurting in places sit down riding never bothers. .

The price of getting old :(

But getting old beats the alternative :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back