• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to do a full brake (rotor and pads) on my 2006 Vibe... no riding.. I hope I don't mess this up.. I occasionally need to drive my car once in a while...

Car brakes didn't take long so I slapped my Knight Black lowering pegs on. And adjusted my shift and brake pedals... It feels GREAT sitting on it... just need time to slap a few miles on!

Car brakes didn't take long so I slapped my Knight Black lowering pegs on. And adjusted my shift and brake pedals... It feels GREAT sitting on it... just need time to slap a few miles on!

Any sign that they'll drag easier?

I've had a good week of riding with Tuesday and Thursday the primary ride days. Did 309 miles riding in the East TN mountains and up to Mt. Mitchell in NC. Great weather. Turned around Thursday and rode 335 miles in East TN mountains up to Little Switzerland, NC and back. The Thursday miles was on the NC700X. In about half hour I'll ride the NC 700 over to a friends house for a pig roast. Rain tomorrow so I'll stay indoors.

Finally got around to putting my 17t sprocket on. Cut a slot at the bottom of the sprocket guard so that one wouldn't have to disconnect the shifter/clutch connection to open things up. Hope to get out and do a real ride and collect some data on the 43/17 ratio, but just a couple miles at lower speed in lower gears felt great for my purposes -- first gear starts now make better sense, probably get all the way through an intersection from a stop sign without needing to shift up to second ; }

The PBI sprocket looks like it's top-notch at 17 notches; we'll see in a few thou. Honda CTX-700, NC-700X/XD 2012-16 on 520 chain -- available in 15 through 17 tooth

I don't think the bottom of the knight lowered pegs is any lower than the warning peg on the stock peg. And you would need to be pretty far over to hit it. I've been on some twisties and did not grind. (I wasn't hammering tho) but for me my knees that extra inch seems like it's perfect.

Summerized the bike for the first warm ride of the Portland OR season tomorrow. Removed the Madstad winglets, lowered the Madstad screen and lowered the xCreen, removed the Givi Handguards, opened the vents on the helmet, broke out the summer gloves and finally, mounted my new GoPro Session 5 camera. Looking forward to boring folks here with video!

Finally got around to putting my 17t sprocket on. Cut a slot at the bottom of the sprocket guard so that one wouldn't have to disconnect the shifter/clutch connection to open things up. Hope to get out and do a real ride and collect some data on the 43/17 ratio, but just a couple miles at lower speed in lower gears felt great for my purposes -- first gear starts now make better sense, probably get all the way through an intersection from a stop sign without needing to shift up to second ; }

The PBI sprocket looks like it's top-notch at 17 notches; we'll see in a few thou. Honda CTX-700, NC-700X/XD 2012-16 on 520 chain -- available in 15 through 17 tooth

I should have made the cut too. Seemed like total lack of consideration by the engineers. But then again, you only have to do it 10,000+ miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rotozipped it with a Dremel when the guard was still on and it then came off with a little finagling without having to remove the shifter connection. While the guard was off I cut a cleaner slot and enlarged the hole just where the bolt on the shifter sticks out.

A few pics from the stops amongst my ride today
Google Maps
830e40cda2c7125d28a94fbb2d03f192.jpg
836801f032f026a5cc989f40a96f5c55.jpg
8d66e33c92c748abe5f79385cda7cf60.jpg
716b40467a72ab740a5335f3ae51f332.jpg
a57bb996bc3f33609c7eb22b3f587fbd.jpg
b42247a01ecc8fe548ec4afa3b6643a1.jpg
efdc46f4f2359b519c4dff3601f41ba8.jpg

probably over 300 miles today -- and just about as many pictures ; } ...fantastic skies if windy as hell, probably reached low 70s F. Met a guy from Calgary on a 4-day weekend, touring on his CB500X. So we did a roadside chat overlooking the great plains along the rocky mountain front for about half an hour. We both got to ride incredible twisties, many marked as low as 25 mph with heavy grades in both directions. 17t front sprocket seemed just as good as the 16 for this, maybe better, as I used downshifts more readily -- where before with the 16t if it was borderline sometimes I wouldn't bother. Also got to do some major ***-hauling here and there, and a bit of off-road and rough hardpack, with mud and big puddles. too tired to put any photos up right now.

oh yeah: in a brutal section with lots of hard curves far above the middle fork of the Flathead river there were rescue and emergency vehicles all cloistered at a scene where one of several Harley riders (saw the rest of the group's bikes parked nearby) had slid into a concrete wall on a tight downhill curve. fortunately the wall was there or he would have sailed hundreds of feet before bouncing on cliffs and into the river. don't know if the guy was messed up or dead, but his bike was totally mangled, contained by the concrete embankment.

Wife on pillion, rode to the lake to check on the boat. There has been so much rain some of the boats were cut off.
My wife likes the top box I added as well, and I put some rubber strips on it to pad it as a backrest.
The weather was wonderful, 75, sunny, slight breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back