• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's documented and official....

View attachment 34133View attachment 34134

Found out I need a hip replacement in the next 12 months and probably a knee replacement right after that.
Did not expect this at 46. But explains the pain...

Dr. said riding won't do anymore damage, just cause me pain.. so I'm gonna be a crabby, pain filled SOB cause I ain't giving up riding anytime soon.

Aleve, and some heat pads maybe??

I have a gimpy neck and strange tendon in my back. What it means is that I am trying to squeeze as much out of riding in case I can't do it as I get older. Wishing you well :)

My grandmother got morphine patches from the doctor so she could keep riding. That was in her mid or late 50's. She was a biker chic from way back when, lots of injuries in her youth.

It's documented and official....

View attachment 34133View attachment 34134

Found out I need a hip replacement in the next 12 months and probably a knee replacement right after that.
Did not expect this at 46. But explains the pain...

Dr. said riding won't do anymore damage, just cause me pain.. so I'm gonna be a crabby, pain filled SOB cause I ain't giving up riding anytime soon.

Aleve, and some heat pads maybe??

I haven't had hips done but I certainly have had a knee replaced and it was worth every minute of the 7 weeks off the bike. I am a bit older than you at 66 but I have had knee issues since my late thirties as a result of rugby injuries in my 20's. I left it way too long to get it done and suffered chronic pain on and off for years as a result. In the end I was hardly able to walk my dog. Obviously You won't make the same mistake.

OCR is an example to us all with both knees done in quick succession.

I found that cycling was a great help both before and after the op, as it kept everything moving without the weight bearing aspects of running, and I still kept fit enough. One learns to live with aches and pains as one gets older. I adapt as I go along. If one bike hurts or doesn't fit, or is too heavy etc etc, I chop it for one that does. What is for sure is that riding is too important in my life to ever contemplate giving it up. Its good to be alive and on a bike.

Best of luck with your ops and stick to the physio regime rigidly for best results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had hips done but I certainly have had a knee replaced and it was worth every minute of the 7 weeks off the bike. I am a bit older than you at 66 but I have had knee issues since my late thirties as a result of rugby injuries in my 20's. I left it way too long to get it done and suffered chronic pain on and off for years as a result. In the end I was hardly able to walk my dog. Obviously You won't make the same mistake.

OCR is an example to us all with both knees done in quick succession.

I found that cycling was a great help both before and after the op, as it kept everything moving without the weight bearing aspects of running, and I still kept fit enough. One learns to live with aches and pains as one gets older. I adapt as I go along. If one bike hurts or doesn't fit, or is too heavy etc etc, I chop it for one that does. What is for sure is that riding is too important in my life to ever contemplate giving it up. Its good to be alive and on a bike.

Best of luck with your ops and stick to the physio regime rigidly for best results.

This is good to hear. I raced road bicycles for many years, just stopped when my hip started acting up a few years ago. Still have a few nice bikes and need to get out. Went from 300 - 350 miles a week training with intervals, hills and sprint intervals to 58 miles a year when my last daughter was born. Need to get back... as My body hates me now. I eat 2000 or less calories a day and can't lose weight. But I guess I'm not burning an extra 15,000+ calories a week any more.

Dr also said I can't hurt the hip any worse, so dod what you want to as long as you can stand the pain.. So I will continue until I can schedule this mess.
I have an appointment in Sept with the surgeon dude to discuss this all and apparently they make sport hips and such now... maybe I can get an Öhlins edition Hip. :D

Another reason to love the DCT!

Stopped at a light 4th or 5th vehicle in line with a few behind me, open up the modular helmet to allow some cooler air to the face (it's quite warm/humid at the moment).

Light goes green so close the lid and start to pull forward. As the cars in front make their turns and I'm going straight through the intersection I'm keeping a beady eye on the opposing traffic to make sure they've seen me, as well as the traffic on my right to make sure they're not trying to sneak in a turn-on-red steal first base move (legal). Middle of the intersection I realise that the yellow jacket that suddenly crawled up my visor and into the middle of my view from my right eye is actually on the INSIDE :mad:

Keep accelerating through the intersection trying to maintain visual on vehicles exiting the petrol station on the far right corner of the intersection that believe they have the right of way, flick the + button to hit 3rd and then quickly open the lid. Fortunately said insect does the right thing and drops out and onto my arm before being windswept away!! Close lid, flick + for 4th and remind myself to continue breathing :rolleyes:

Sure an experienced manual rider would have probably had a similar reaction, but to a newbie (17,000 miles total - 10k on scooter + 7k on NC) the ability to flick through the gears to maintain traffic flow while dealing with a black & yellow stinger trying to escape its prison I was very very happy that my finger barely moved and my gears changed!

I caught a bee in the schnoz on my 1987 Honda Hurricane in 1989. It was my first crash. So you did great! Congrats!
It's hard to drive when that bee decides to sting you way up your nose hole and eyes go watery and the pain folds you.
Fortunately I was traveling (at the time of the abrupt bike exit) at only around 15mph but the remaining fairing scratches and slight road rash hurt.

My mother had hip and shoulder. The hip was a longer rehab.
She chose a surgical hospital with no other services because there were no sick people there to cross contaminate.

Fortunately said insect does the right thing and drops out and onto my arm before being windswept away!!

Earlier this month on our bike trip trough the Finger Lakes Region of New York, at the end of a riding day, just as we were pulling up to the hotel, a yellow jacket made his way up my sleeve and stung my left forearm. It hurt like a M-F. Luckily I could easily dismount, and my wife quickly my jacket off. I saw that little stinger-less insect drop to the ground when she shook my jacket sleeve.

Leonard Smalls cries when he hears your bee stories.

tumblr_msq3q0B4Eb1qaqcj5o6_r1_1280.jpg

Just put on the OEM windscreen I bought from another NC owner.
Want to try out how much difference it makes with buffeting. Still haven't tried it out, but tomorrow is always another day :)

Took a ~170 mile breakfast ride, only two of the five riders actually made it, too bad for them, it was a nice ride, got back by noon while it was still only in the 80s. :cool:

more commas ??

Turned my NC into a jetski this morning on the way into work. It is so humid and hot here right now, I am STILL damp. It was like being on a jetski. Inside of the helmet was wet, water dripping on the inside. And it was only a 20 minute ride. With no rain.

Moved my NC to the corner of garage so I could load kayak into my four wheeled Honda.
K1.jpg
It's a cheap kayak, but it fits inside the car, so the transportation is not big of a deal. Just fold seats, throw it in and go.
K2.jpg
Took the kayak to Skokie Lagoons. Swamp type of a lake (swimming not allowed), but it is a paradise for RR kayaking.
K4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back