• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the first day of my Advanced Control Skills class today. Primarily slow speed riding with the addition of push steering slalom and emergency brake/escape exercises. Tomorrow is day two where it is supposed to get more difficult 0.o Five hours of saddle time in the stock seat...thank you bicycle shorts :)

Little Trip to Clear Lake, IA (280 miles)

Under one of many windmills...
20170805_102332.jpg

Visit Surf Ballroom and Museum - last concert of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "the Big Bopper"
20170805_115025.jpg

20170805_120025.jpg

20170805_120614.jpg

20170805_131138.jpg

Under one of many Wind turbines in Iowa

[video=youtube_share;l5zl9OZM110]https://youtu.be/l5zl9OZM110[/video]

"Amphibian" was also at the car show...

[video=youtube_share;Lrq-1d9F-KI]https://youtu.be/Lrq-1d9F-KI[/video]

Just realized some images are not vertical as they should be... It's too late to try to fix it. Maybe tomorrow :D

Valve adjust, chain adjust, coolant flush, 16k inspections.... Man, I love this bike. All inspections looked perfect and the valves were within spec (although I did tweak them to get them on-the-money.
>Thom

I had a great one hour drive through the backcountry of Thurston and Lewis counties. 16k Tune-up stuff that I just did worked flawlessly. Also got confirmation of my FOBO Tire pressure monitor order. AND I bought an Aerostich RC suit from a guy in the Bay Area. I could not pass up the $550 price tag.
>T

Rode first, a 60 mile solo warm up in the SE Portland back country and then second a nice meet and greet ride with the Oregon Scooter Club. Great folks (there were 2 NC DCT's there!).

Installed chinese adjustable levers, have made a video of the install, but it speaks for itself :)
Fitment is about 99% the same as the original levers.
Maybe tomorrow I'll take a maiden voyage with the new levers :D

Unfortunately an iphone snapshot doesn't translate as much of a worthwhile bother, but all of the forest fires in south central BC are making for complete mountain obscuring haze and alien red suns, way down here in Vancouver.

firesunbike1.jpg

Installed chinese adjustable levers, have made a video of the install, but it speaks for itself :)
Fitment is about 99% the same as the original levers.
Maybe tomorrow I'll take a maiden voyage with the new levers :D

Thanks for the video. It is nice to see things combined with your commentary. It is very hard to get that tactile feel from the internet :)

Two questions: Do you have a link where you purchased them from? My feeling that all manufacturers are not equal and the fit seemed very good on yours. Did you have any issues with the brake light switch for the brake lever?

More hot weather and scads of wildfire haze from BC and Idaho and Montana, but I had to go right out and ride a bunch with the new VStream windshield as soon as I got back from the week-long anniversary vacation on the Oregon coast. I tried to stick close to water...

2017-08-07 15;45;17 by greenboy, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back